What's new

FS: Toshiba HD-XA1 HD-DVD Player (1 Viewer)

Keith E

Stunt Coordinator
I am selling my Toshiba HD-XA1 HD-DVD Player after 6 months of use.
This is a great unit, especially upconverting SD DVD. Player and remote are in excellent condition.
Asking $375.00 shipped, Payment by pay-pal.

The Toshiba HD-XA1 HD DVD Player offers Video Up-conversion via the HDMI interface which scales the standard DVD video to output resolution of 720p or 1080i, matching the output to the resolution of your HDTV. And with the built in multi-channel decoders for Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD (2ch), DTS and DTS-HD, the HD-XA1 will bring improved fidelity and sonic realism to your DVD movie soundtracks.

A double chassis construction is employed to add strength and rigidity, to prevent unwanted vibrations that could interfere with the reading of a disc. In addition, large insulated stabilizing feet are used, providing a rock solid foundation for the player.

Key Features

HD DVD Playback

High Definition video requires a tremendous amount of space on a disc, thus a Blue laser (versus a Red Laser for DVD) is utilized for HD DVD. The blue laser, with its shorter wave length, allows for information to be stored more densely on the disc, thus improving storage capacity by about over 3 times compared to that of a red laser technology.

Higher Compression Standards

Additionally, more accurate and efficient video compression like MPEG-4 AVC and VC-1 (based on Microsoft's Windows Media) compress information to achieve file sizes that are less than half of those of the current standard DVD's MPEG2.

High Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI)

HDMI is the industry-supported all digital Audio/video connection providing the transmission of uncompressed digital video and multichannel audio on a single cable. When matched with a compatible HDTV, this single cable connection ensures that all signals remain in their pure digital form.

Backward Compatibility

Enjoy backwards compatibility and play your collection of standard DVDs on the player. In addition, via the HDMI interface, the HD-XA1 scales the standard definition DVD output to a resolution of 720p or 1080i to match your HDTV's performance.

Built-in Multi-Channel Decoders

The HD-XA1 has built-in processors to handle the multi-channel decoders for Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD (2 ch), DTS and DTSHD. It employs the use of four DSPs to decode the multi-channel streams of the wide array of audio formats.

Tray Lock

Allows software to be loaded into the tray and secured with an on-screen code. Great for ensuring retail demonstrations as well as to keep children from removing music and movie titles.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks