What's new

FS: Pioneer VSX-45TX (1 Viewer)

Chuck Frady

Second Unit
I sold my Sony STR-DA4ES a couple of months ago here and purchased this receiver brand new in the box at Magnolia Hi Fi and Video in Seattle on June 18th.

I will forward on the receipt to the new owner showing when and where it was bought and for warranty purposes.

Asking $650 shipped.

I can take pics and email them to you if you would like some.

Paypal is preferred.

Please send all inquiries etc to my email if you can. Don't use IM since I am not on the board all the time.

I have been a member here since 1998 and have bought and sold many an item..so be comforted that in light of some of the recent scams on this forum, I am not one of those guys and you can be assured you will get a beauty of a receiver.

Specs are as follows:

Versatility, power, and convenience: to align its output with your speakers, the VSX-45TX's Auto-MCCAC (Multi-Channel Acoustic Calibration Circuit) automatically evaluates a room's environment and calibrates your system's output accordingly, for easy, accurate setup. It also features THX Select certification, 100 watts of power into each of 7 channels, and exceptional surround decoding, including DTS® Discrete 6.1 and NEO:6 Music and Movie, plus Dolby® Digital EX. High-end D-A/A-D conversion and a Hi-Bit Audio Scaler-which converts digital sources to 96kHz/24-bit resolution-deliver pure, full audio reproduction. The ruggedly built VSX-45TX includes an illuminated Smart LCD remote and the Elite two-year warranty. M.S.R.P. $1,400.

Power:

THX Select Certification /Air Studios Sound Tuning
Advanced Direct Energy MOS FET
Wide Band Frequency Response (5Hz -100kHz)
100 watts x 2 Stereo
100 Watts x 7 Multi-Channel
Decoding:

Dual Motorola DSP Engine
DTS-ES Discrete 6.1
DTS NEO 6: Music & Movie
DTS 96/24
Dolby Digital-EX
Dolby Pro Logic II Music & Movie
Processing:

Hi-Bit Audio Scaler converts digital sources to 96kHz/24-Bit Resolution
96kHz/24-Bit A/D Conversion (2 Ch.)
192kHz/24-Bit DAC
Auto MCACC (Multi-Channel Acoustic Calibration)
Manual EQ Adjust (5-band x 7)
THX Select Post Processing
7-D Theater
7 Channel Stereo
6 Cinema Modes
6 Concert Modes
Digital Noise Reduction
Midnight Mode
Multi-Channel Multi-Band EQ
Loudness
Connectivity:

RS-232
USB - Rear
Multi-Channel Input- All
Multi-Channel Outputs - All
Digital Input - 5 (2 coaxial, 3 optical w/front)
Digital Output - 2 optical
6 Audio / 5 A/V Inputs (including Tuner)
2 Audio / 2 A/V / 1 Video Output
Phono Input
S-Video - 5 In / 2 Out
Component Video In/Out
Front A/V Inputs
Banana Speaker Terminals
AC Outlet
Convenience:

Function Rename
30 Tuner Preset
Command Macro
MR/MS w/ Front Panel Control
Surround Back to MR/MS Amplifier Re-Configuration
12v Trigger
Illuminated Smart LCD Remote
DVD, DSS, DTV, Multi-CD Control
Construction:

Extra Large Extruded Aluminum Heat Sinks
CAD Design 3-D Space Frame Construction
Frame Reinforced Isolated Chamber
Double Layered Transformer Stabilizer
Aluminum Front Panel
Aluminum Volume & Multi-Jog Dial

cacu

Stunt Coordinator
The 45tx is now a discontinued model. Some online store have them for less than $700. Maybe that's why.

Hey,

Did you eventually sell this or no? If not, what are you asking for it now. I can get it for $675 in the next state over, which isn't far. Thanks!

Steve F M

Screenwriter
I have to give 2 thumbs up to this Receiver. Well worth the $750 price tag shipped especially with the authorized warranty. They will sell these on Ebay for about $650 plus shipping but the warranty is not good no matter what they say.

This is a good deal I have the 45TX and is worth every $800 dollars that I paid for it!

Chuck Frady

Second Unit
Thanks guys for all the helpfull words. Man I feel the love here.

Ok, If someone wants this receiver and I hope to hell you are not on the east coast (shipping), I'll sell this receiver for $650 shipped slow boat from china, (Fedex Ground)

This is a good buy since it is only a few months old, has the full factory warranty and is in pristine condition.

Oh and as for the new model receiver? the VSX-53 does not have USB inputs. For those of us who have a ton of music on their pc's, its like adding another audio component when you hook up a pc or laptop to the usb port. Using Winamp or even Windows Media Player, the output is sent from the systems USB port directly into the receiver.

And not even to mention, the VSX-45TX's remote is much better than the POS that comes with the VSX-53. The 45TX remote is the same model that comes with the VSX-55TXI.

Paypal is preferred.

Chuck

Chuck Frady

Second Unit
Oh and Cacu, I've searched for an authorized online dealer (very few if any) and I've searched the many unauthorized sellers (many) and as far as I can see, this receiver is no longer available.

Now count me as one of those fella's who likes to know that a major item like this recevier, has a full factory warranty.

I don't necessarily care if its a cheaper item like a dvd player and such, but for a power monster like receiver's are, I like to know that the factory's got my back for three years.

jeff peterson

Supporting Actor
To all you thread crappers, read the rules of the forum before you move your hands to your keyboards:

2. Under No Circumstances is anyone to reply to a post suggesting that the item can be found cheaper elsewhere. That is the responsibility of the purchaser to look for the best deal - not for forum members to point out. Members are trying to sell their items in a safe environment without fear of others trying to undercut their sales.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
No further discounts, so please don't even offer $650 shipped.
hey man, would you take $650 shipped?

just kidding. i have this receiver and i love it, i wouldnt trade mine for a new 53tx either. since the 5 in 45 is higher than the 3 in 53, the 45 is a higher end receiver than the 53. and whoever said the remote in the 45 is better than the 53 couldnt be more right. anyway, its a wonderful receiver.

CJ

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Amen to that. Where a forum moderator when you need them!!
FYI: If you see something inappropriate happening, please utilize the "Report This Post" icon that comes with each post. Just posting about it doesn't really help the situation.

FWIW, this thread has been excised of most of the threadcraps. Please think before you post if you value your posting privileges here.

jeff peterson

Supporting Actor
Patrick, guilty as charged for not reporting it. But sometimes threads like this do educate others who don't read the rules.

Chuck Frady

Second Unit
To take back a bit of control, this is a for sale thread, not a thread on rules and regs.

So lets close this thread by having someone actually buy this receiver, or make a fair offer on it.

Please no more replies other than the "i'll buy it" type.

thanks

Chuck

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Ok, If someone wants this receiver and I hope to hell you are not on the east coast (shipping), I'll sell this receiver for $700 shipped slow boat from china, (Fedex Ground)
Actually, FedEx Ground shipping isn't so bad. Most shipments that I've been involved with lately have taken 5 days or less. They were a little slow when they started the "Ground" service up, but now it's running like a well-oiled machine.

Best of luck on the sale of your receiver. :)

Chuck Frady

Second Unit
Well since I am in a fairly good mood today and this receiver is sitting in its box waiting for a new owner, I'll sell it for $650 shipped Fedex ground to anywhere in the US.

Paypal me the funds and it will go out the next business day.

Chuck

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Dam Chuck I can't believe you still have this.

Someone should nab this now its a great receiver. I had one at one time and gave it up for an HK AVR-8000 and then went to a B&K AVR505 and I still firmly believe the Pioneer was excellent

Good Luck Chuck!!

Greg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks