What's new

Frelling hell, they screwed up Farscape 2.5!!! (1 Viewer)

Rob Dwyer

Stunt Coordinator
Argh!!! It's not bad enough that Sci-Fi cancelled this, one of my favorite shows, but now ADV Films screws up the final Season 2 release!!

The episodes, which HAVE to be watched in order to make any sense of the plotline, are put on the discs out of order!!!!

Disc 1 has:
"A Clockwork Nebari"
"Liars, Guns, and Money" part 2: "With Friends like these"

Disc 2 has:
"Die Me, Dichotomy"
"Liars, Guns, and Money" part 1 "A Not So Simple Plan"
"Liars, Guns, and Money" part 3 "Plan B"

AAAAAAAARGH!!!!

The fact that you see D'Argo's son before you see how he recovered him, and the fact that they're searching for a cure for Moya from the "ingots" is completely ruined if you haven't seen the episodes in order... not to mention the Scorpius Chip!!!!

I never saw these on the Sci-Fi network, as I fell in love with the series on DVD.... but this is UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!

Shit. There will never be a correction either with the show cancelled....

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO PROVE ME WRONG ADV!!! I BOUGHT ALL OF BUBBLEGUM 2040 AT RETAIL PRICES INDIVIDUALLY AND HAVE ANDROMEDA 1.1 THRU 1.4.... please prove me wrong and fix it....

LennyP

Supporting Actor
I had this for a year and a half from UK, they're in correct order there :D
Already have full season 3 and season 4th first volume was released 2 days ago. R2 rules :emoji_thumbsup:
Well, just saying this 'cause I like feeling better about my other region purchases, and this is another reason. :b

But what's the problem? Just watch them in order, no one makes you watch them as they're placed on disc, and it's not VHS.

Thomas Hart

Stunt Coordinator
Okay, I do have to agree with you on this subject. Unless you are a major fan and know the correct order of each episode, you are instinctly going to watch disc 1 then disc 2 (but they are out of order). If ADV would have simply NUMBERED the episodes somewhere on the DVD case this would not have been a problem.

Sigh, episodes out of order (for better grouping it looks like) and no "Farscape Undressed" for R1 buyers.

Of course the picture, sound, and the show itself still kicks ass!:D

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
I think it's good to have whole LGM trilogy on one disc but ADV should have put something on the case to indicate the correct order for people who are unfamiliar with it, especially considering how crucial it is to see these episodes in order.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
This was intentional

From what I hear they wanted to keep the 3 parter on 1 disc so they didn't have to re-author for the eventual best-of set

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Rob, it's sounds like you got a bad set. Mine had the LGM trilogy on disc 2 and the ACN and DMD (the season finale) on disc 1.

OK let me add a bit of confusion here...
I have 2.5 but am having to wait till the weekend to watch it.
As I look at the disks they are printed correctly. Are you saying that what is ON the disks is wrong?

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
No, it's just out of order

You should watch Episode 1 on disc 1, then watch disc 2, then watch episode 2 on disc 1

Jacob Perry

Stunt Coordinator
Being a long time fan of Farscape this doesnt bother me as I know the order of episodes, but I can see how someone would be pissed if they watched it out of order.

Then again I like having the complete Liars, Guns Trilogy on one disc.

JP

Rob Dwyer

Stunt Coordinator
Hm, I may need to write ADV if everyone else has Liars, Guns Trilogy on one disc...

My set doesn't :frowning:

To watch it in order, I'd have to watch Disc 1, ep1 --> Disc 2, Ep 1 and 2--> Disc 1, ep2 --> Disc 2, ep3

the box is printed correctly, but its quite obvious they're out of order when D'Argo's son appears on the first disc before he's rescued on the second one

Ah well, damn fine season ending anyway! Bring on 3.1! :D

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Rob, Corey from ADV sometimes posts at the Fasrcape World Forums. You may want to check out this thread and let him know, maybe you can arrange an exchange.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks