What's new

Freaks and Geeks reviews? (1 Viewer)

Tony_P

Stunt Coordinator
Richard,

I had a problem with both Disc 1's (original and replacement) in the yearbook set. My DVD player (very, very old Toshiba) would pixelate during the "Beers and Weirs" episode and lock up. The replacement disc was a bit better (and didn't lock up at all on my laptop) so I kept the set. I didn't have a problem with any of the other discs. Hope you have better luck.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I am renting this from NetFlix and never watched it while it was on NBC. I just watched the Pilot episode, and am tempted to buy the whole damn set it was so good!

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I'm planning to buy this in a couple months and would of course prefer the yearbook. From all appearances on the Web site it looks like it's still available. Anyone have information otherwise?

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Eric,
I highly recommend you purchase the set. The entire season of shows is great, plus there are 29 commentaries that makes it almost impossible to watch while you are renting.

Ravi K

Supporting Actor
I rented Freaks and Geeks from the library this weekend. What a great show! Perfectly captures those awkward teenage years. I will buy this eventually. Its sad that we can't watch these characters grow up even more, though. It would have been great to see Lindsay's senior year :frowning:

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Oh yeah, I was able to get the yearbook off eBay from a used record store in L.A. When I called to give my payment the guy said it had belonged to the actor who played the dentist. Of course it would be nice to have written proof, but it's good enough for a story.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Just to be clear, that's the actors, not the characters. Also, a lot of them went on to work on Apatow's next doomed series "Undeclared", which is also a really good series that was just released on DVD. No "Yearbook Edition" equivalent, although the set is packed to the gills with extras regardless.

Here's where you can catch a couple at the moment (not counting unrelated DVDs):
Linda Cardellini is on "ER"
John Daley is in a movie ("Waiting...") and a TV show ("Kitchen Confidential") involving chefs
Seth Rogen is in "The 40-Year-Old Virgin" and did "Undeclared"
Jason Segel is in "How I Met Your Mother" and also did "Undeclared"
Busy Phillips will be in "Love Inc." (UPN Thursdays at 9:30) and did a guest stint on "Undeclared"

Unfortunately, NBC's "How I Met Your Mother" is on directly opposite Fox's "Kitchen Confidential" (Mondays @ 8:30 EST) and they both start on September 19. So, if you want to gorge yourself on Feig and Apatow next Monday, here's the lineup:
-"Arrested Development" season premiere at 8, which is supposed to be directed by Paul Feig
-Watch either show above at 8:30, record the other one
-"Just Legal" with Jay Baruchel from "Undeclared" at 9
-Watch whichever show you recorded

Going to the theater before or after to catch "The 40-Year-Old Virgin" is optional, but would mark you as a true fan...atic.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
I couldn't imagine parting with mine. It's funny, I was watching it a few months back and left the yearbook out. My friends came over and were curious why I had a yearbook sitting on my coffee table. It became a wonderful conversation-starter.

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
And to update the "where are they now post," Busy Phillips is now on ER as well!

(And How I Met Your Mother is on CBS, by the way)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks