What's new

FOX: As you must be preparing Buffy Season 6 for the UK (1 Viewer)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
PLEASE put Once More with Feeling on its own disc, or make it the 2 episode disc

REQUESTED SPECS

5.1 DD/DTS
Anamorphic widescreen (seemingly a given)
Commentary by CAST, Christophe Beck and Joss Whedon
Lots and lots and lots of B-Roll footage. Rehearsals, music recording (instrumental and vocal) location shoots, everything!
Karaoke audio track!
How to play "Rest in Peace" (like on Detroit Rock City disc with Rock and Roll all Night) with James Marsters!

Megan_A_D

Stunt Coordinator
Btw doesn't it seem like Buffy's become MIA here in the states?

Isn't it overdue for Season 3 to be announced for released? If it follows the pattern.. it should be released in beginning of January...

dang... I just might go back to buying UK releases after all... I already own 1 & 2 in UK (and just 2 in US) and I could get all the way to S5 in Buffy plus S1 & S2 in Angel by the end of October ...

it's hard to wait... Season 6 seems so far away...

Stas T

Stunt Coordinator
I'll second Jeff's request.

Given the impending release of the "Once More, With Feeling" soundtrack CD and the continuing high bid eBay sales of OMWF DVD's, it seems Fox is missing a great opportunity to make some money while giving fans a high quality product at a reasonable price (as compared to the $50 to over $100 eBay bids for the Emmy promo Buffy discs).

Yes, OMWF belongs in its rightful place in the season 6 box set, but it's absolutely deserving of a solo disc as well, which would allow for a higher bit rate (versus it being crammed on a disc with three other eps.), and the inclusion of plenty of exxtras like behind-the-scenes footage and so on.

It's clear there's a market for a stand alone OMWF disc, and a shame Fox isn't considering releasing it. Of course, I'll be buying the season 6 set, but I don't relish waiting another year or more for its release, given the mediocre quality of my VHS taped-from-broadcast copy of the ep., which is already wearing out from multiple viewings.

Fox, please reconsider.

Angsty

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Angela
Dear FOX (UK),
While considering the above spec requests, can you please also consider pitch-correcting OMWF for us PAL people.
*sigh* I can't believe I just wrote that!!
When comparing my taped-off-tv version of OMWF with the mp3 versions (which get a listen at least once a week) ... bugger, for the very, very first time, I can tell the difference. :frowning:
Fingers crossed...
Angela
(who now has to get off her "PAL-speedup? schmeedup!" soapbox)

Megan_A_D

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Jeff

I would buy a separate DVD with extras if they put it out since the Buffy sets by themselves don't tend to have a lot extra (nor are the extras captioned... Fox.. c'mon, I know you know how... )

JulianK

Supporting Actor
I've posted this before, but I think it is a good idea to repeat it in this thread:

When you're mastering Once More With Feeling, will someone please fix a video glitch that appears in a scene late in the episode where a masked goon goes to visit the gang, to deliver a message (the demon wants Buffy in exchange for Dawn). Spike grabs his shoulder and the goon twists and runs away. At the point where he twists away there's a couple of frames that glitch.

This has been in every version I've seen, including US transmissions and a review copy of the official Fox UK VHS release (which I brought to the attention of my contact at Fox's UK PR company).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks