Forgive me... Air Force One question.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Neil Joseph, Aug 29, 2001.

1. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    I just watched this again after having sat on the shelf for some time. Loved the movie, as far fetched as it may have been but it was great entertainment.
    Near the end, Air Force One is badly damaged and cannot land. Add to that the fact that it is leaking fuel and losing altitude. The rendezvous with a U.S. troop plane and attach a cable between the two planes, then proceed to send across a couple of military personnel to rescue the remaining people on the plane before its crash into the sea.
    Here is my question (and forgive my ignorance, it's late)... With time rapidly running out and AF1 losing engines by the minute, why did they not send over some parachutes to get the remaining people off?? Am I missing something?
    orangeman
    ------------------
    Neil's H.T. Site
    (plus large selection of H.T.Links and movie images)

2. Patrick_S

Patrick_S Producer
    Supporter

3. Mike Voigt

Mike Voigt Supporting Actor

Then again, they may not have been in friendly waters. Or had a helicopter or other crew available to pick them up out of the water.
    Just a thought. I doubt anyone put a lot of thought into the movie from that perspective... it was fun but also fr-fetched... [​IMG]
    Mike

4. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

5. Edwin Pereyra

Edwin Pereyra Producer

Neil, you really didn't expect the movie to end in grand fashion with the President dangling in some parachute waiting to be rescued, did you? [​IMG]
    ~Edwin

6. Chucky P

Chucky P Supporting Actor

Charles Paulsen
    He's the leader of the free world what does he know about parachuting. [​IMG]

7. MickeS

MickeS Producer

Maybe they didn't have parachutes to send over.
    But the movie was awful and stupid anyway, so I doubt anyone thought about that either way... the exploding tanker plane especially bothered me...
    /Mike

8. Josh Dial

Josh Dial Cinematographer

Josh Dial
    I beleive patrick is right. I think you require an altitude in excess of 15,000 or maybe 10,000 feet in order to parashute out. Otherwise, there will not be sufficient updraft from falling to propel the shute outwards.
    cheers!
    Josh (thanks to his friend in the army who tells him these things)