What's new

FilmJerk Gives 'Blade 3' Script an A- (1 Viewer)

todd stone

Screenwriter
I am looking forward to Blade 3

The script is action-packed and if Goyer can apply the same stylistic flair to the screen that Guillermo del Toro did, we have another bona fide hit on our hands. The story is light on drama and character development as you might expect it to be, but it is an entertaining read nonetheless. Goyer does fail to make use of the elements at hand though. He sets up an interesting angle by having the humans hunt Blade, but barely puts it to use. In a lot of ways, "Blade III" is just an amped up version of "Blade II," but not enough to cause complaint. Goyer does a good job of taking what worked in the other films and applying it to the new storyline. This time there is an urgency in Blades crusade. The vampires are planning a sort of apocalyptic takeover and the biggest, baddest vampire ever is on the loose. Blade must be gung-ho in his actions without running back into the hands of the corrupt authorities. Success means no more bloodsuckers. Failure means no more humans. Cue up the techno music. Its ass-kicking time.

Hit the link below for the full review, along with a few heavy spoilers!

http://www.countingdown.com/movies/5...tem_id=3136330

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I enjoyed the first two movies immensely, better then quite a few toned-down transaltions to the big screen.. I'll be looking forward to this one ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks