What's new

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
The initial volume of the Film Noir: The Dark Side of Cinema collection of Blu-rays has been brought back into print by Kino, giving those who had missed out the first time a chance to get reacquainted with these 5 noir gems from the MGM/UA vaults. Deception and murder (Witness to Murder), gangsters and foreign espionage (A Bullet for Joey), robberies gone wrong and hostage taking (He Ran All the Way), rural hideouts and smoldering passions (Storm Fear) and hidden loot and prison breaks (Big House, U.S.A.) make up the heady ingredients of these noirs brought back from the out-of-print dead.

Witness to Murder (1954)

Released: 15 Apr 1954
Rated: Approved
Runtime: 83 min

Director: Roy Rowland
Genre: Crime, Drama, Film-Noir

Cast: Barbara Stanwyck, George Sanders, Gary Merrill
Writer(s): Chester Erskine, Nunnally Johnson...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
Thank you Mychal for your your epic and thorough reviews of these KL reissues! Your insight and obvious passion for Noir Cinema is infectious, and a pleasure to read. And also appreciated in reminding me to not miss out again on some of these inaugural 'Dark Side of Cinema' Blu-rays as I try to backfill my collection of their sets, now a formidable undertaking with KL having released or announced all of 15 of these three film sets! Honestly, It's hard to keep up with the wealth of cinematic gems that KL has given us (or has in the pipeline).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks