What's new

FF Crashing in Vista (1 Viewer)

drobbins

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
My son and I both have laptops with Vista and FF crashes constantly. Tonight at least 3 times on my computer. I also use FF at work and on a desktop computer here and they are both running XP. I don't think FF has crashed on either computer ever. Anyone else here having troubles with FireFox crashing all the time in Vista?

Glenise

Supporting Actor
I'm not using Vista but have you installed FF 3.0.4? Does it crash when you login on the same machine as a different user?

Brian Sharp

Second Unit
Real Name
Brian Sharp
Used FF with Vista on my other computer for quite a while without any problem. Last used that computer about a month ago so do not know how any recent updates have affected the operating stability.

drobbins

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Yes. I am using 3.0.4. It seems to crash after a lot of activity. Like if it has been running for an hour or so when using Stumbleupon or Christmas shopping, etc... I am also wondering if the add-ons are contributing, but like I said, I don't have any issues on my XP machines and I have the same add-ons installed.

hodedofome

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Aaron Smith
Start firefox in safe mode, if it works fine then it's a theme or extension you are using. Make sure all your themes and extensions are compatible with your version of firefox.

drobbins

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
I might have figured it out. I have been using Cybersitter for years so my kids don't accidentally trip on some inappropriate web sites. While doing some on-line shopping FF kept crashing. I turned off Cybersitter and all is well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks