What's new

Fantastic Columbia House deal from "Deals Page" (1 Viewer)

robertLP

Stunt Coordinator
Wow! Maybe we can get everyone who participated in this could let us know when they placed the order, when they got the order, and what movies they got. Oh, and let us know if they did this deal more than once.

That would be pretty interesting!

Since everyone wants to know, I ordered 5 Stanley Kubrick movies for $24.95 about two weeks ago; just got the package yesterday. I cancelled online right away.

Everyone else now! Can't wait to hear from another 1000 of you!

Rob

Matt McHugh

Auditioning
Just spoke with Columbia Customer Service and I had placed my order on 2/3/2003. They told me that as of January they were not excepting CYCD anymore and that I would not receive any of my DVD's. Boy does that stink!!!

Placed my first order on the blue site, using CYCD, on 2/4. Received delivery confirmation on 2/7.
Received DVDs on 2/18.
Cancelled on 2/18.
DVDs were:
American Pie (1 & 2)
Pulp Fiction
XMen
Blade Runner

Just placed second order today (2/21) on the red site using CY6D.
DVDs ordered were:
Reservoir Dogs
Natural Born Killers
Blade (1 & 2)
Shrek

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think it was 8-13 days between when I signed up for the 2nd round and then they shipped out the packages, and I received them 2 days after shipment notification.

Thomas_Berg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
'red' site = go.columbiahouse.com

however, i dont think even this is working anymore. the selection was much more limited, but it was still 5 for $25.

you can still call them and get this deal. it no longer works on the net AFAIK.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I'm actually contemplating re-upping on the red site. I can't seem to find 5 titles I really want, though. I will meditate over lunch on this dilemna.

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor
Here is how I get to the RED site (though I'm sure there's a much easier way)...

1) Go to www.columbiahouse.com.

2) Click on the DVD club joining link.

3) Put in the savings code (I used cy6d). At this point the "shopping cart" will disappear.

4) Select ANY disc and try to put it in the cart. You will get a new page saying that there is difficulties with the site. At the bottom of this page is a link to (again) join the DVD club. Click on this and it will take you to the RED site.

5) Put in the savings code again on the RED site.

...Of course I suppose I could have noted the URL once I got to the RED site...but I didn't. Doh!

Jason Goodmanson

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
I ordered my five discs from the Blue Site on the 9th, and just received them yesterday in the mail.

Tried to sign up again, but none of the codes seem to be working on the blue site - they did work on the red site, but all the graphics for the deal seem to be dead. Haven't received any e-mail confirmations about my membership application though.

Inside the box yesterday was CH's newest offerings - they actually work out pretty good compared to most on-line pricing (even better than DDD!) - buy one at regular price (keep in mind, CH's prices are now "lower" than before - most movies are about normal in my mind - lower than Suncoast) and get unlimited DVDs at 50% off. Plus, if you order them online up until the end of March (the 24th I believe) all shiping is free if you order more than three titles. From my playing arounds, it seems if you order about four titles, then you're able to beat DDD's pricing. Yeah, I know, not nearly as good as five for twenty-five bucks, but it's a start.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
Cool, the Red site does work. Although selection is limited, I was still able to pick up the following titles which I think are worth having (especially at $5.00 each!):

The Fast and the Furious

Vanilla Sky

The Rookie

Mission: Impossible 2

K-Pax

Sweet! :emoji_thumbsup:

Manuel

Stunt Coordinator
Got mine in about 2 weeks

Tombstone VS
Terminator SE
Silence of the Lambs SE
Old Yeller
Parent Trap (old vesrsion)

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
Will they let me exchange one of my DVD's for another one. After I placed the order ad received shipping confirmation I found out a SE is comming out of a movie I ordered and that it won't be worth it to get the old version. Would they let me exchange it for a different title?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Hmm...I signed up on the red site with the cy6d code, ordered 5 DVDs for $24.95 (free shipping) and it let me enter my address and credit card info, but it never prompted me for setting up an account name, and listed the 5 titles I ordered on the Receipt/Thanks page, so I have doubt this will go through, but crossing my fingers.

Hmm...I signed up on the red site with the cy6d code, ordered 5 DVDs for $24.95 (free shipping) and it let me enter my address and credit card info, but it never prompted me for setting up an account name, and listed the 5 titles I ordered on the Receipt/Thanks page, so I have doubt this will go through, but crossing my fingers.
Same goes here. Saw your message on DVDTalk as well. Looks like it has worked for some without ever receiving a confirmation email and others it didn't work at all.

We'll see! Keep 'em crossed.

TommyL

Supporting Actor
If you click on the details AFTER you put in the code cy6d it says 5 dvd's for 4.99 each free shipping IF YOU BUY and then it is all messed up...something is fishy here...take a look at it...tom

Rick J

Stunt Coordinator
fyi

if you're trying to reach ch customer service use the hints from dvdtalk.com. i tried reaching cs 2 previous times. the first time it took 30 minutes to get through. the second time i waited 1 hour 20 minutes and never got my call answered!...i know, my wife thought i was crazy too! it wasn't that bad, i was watching tv while waiting. i was trying to reach them between ~6-7:30pm cst.

anyways, i was checking on an online application placed on 2/6. the cs rep said i needed to wait 4 weeks for application approval. this was one of those blue site applications where no cc info was required. so for all of you that are in the same boat, don't give up hope quite yet.

if trying to reach cs, definitely try to call when they open (8am est, m-sat). i tried on three different occasions and got through all three times within minutes! if you don't have an acct.#, press "1,1,1#,1#,2". i'm not sure what that does, but like i said i followed these suggestions and they worked for me. rick

Warren_Sc

Second Unit
The red site does not allow you to set up an account name. The blue site does and it emails you several, order-progress updates until your order ships. The red site only sends you a ship notification.

I phoned in an order on Feb. 7th and received it just yesterday (21st). The CSR took my email address, but I did not receive any sort of order-progress update.

Hang in there :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks