What's new

F.W. Murnau's SUNRISE (1927) (1 Viewer)

Carrol M

Stunt Coordinator
I would like to confirm how to get SUNRISE on dvd. As I understand it, I'll need to buy 3 dvd's from the Fox 'Studio Classics' line and send the proof's of purchase to Fox?
I had planned on buying the three that are going to be released on January 14th: ALL ABOUT EVE, GENTLEMEN'S AGREEMENT and HOW GREEN WAS MY VALLEY and mailing out the proof's of purchase asap. Is this what everyone else is doing or have I missed a step? :)
Just want to be sure, because I've anxiously awaited the release of this film for a longgg time on dvd.
One last thing, does anyone have any idea what the turn around time will be from Fox in getting out our copies of SUNRISE?
Thanks for any and all suggestions, I just want to be sure I have it right.
Carrol

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
Carrol
That is correct and hopefully the Sunrise dvd will arrive quickly after that
Happy new year
:D

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
I would like to confirm how to get SUNRISE on dvd. As I understand it, I'll need to buy 3 dvd's from the Fox 'Studio Classics' line and send the proof's of purchase to Fox?
I fail to see why we continually have to mar our DVDs by removing the proof-of-purchase. Wouldn't a receipt be acceptable?

BTW, and sorry if this has been asked before, but is there a reference for the "official" rules concerning obtaining this DVD?

Thanks.

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter
Most importantly - will there be any shipping & handling costs? If there are it'll be almightily difficult to get a cheque or money order in USD.

The ideal solution would be to have the proof of purchase as an extra little tab sticking out from the insert so that when you removed it there wasn't any square bit missing, and peace can be restored to the minds of film-lovers once more.

rbirk

Stunt Coordinator
I really really don't want to have to cut big holes in my very nice DVDs. I hope there will be a way to get it without that or that the proof of purchase will be a separate sheet or something. I hate that I have to buy three extra copies just to throw away in order to get the proof of purchase info.

In the past I have never taken advantage of all these offers where you have to mail in these proofs. But this time it seems you have no choice as you cannot buy the movie separately.

I cannot for my life understand the idea behind this logic.

Ron

GaryEA

Second Unit
Another thing comes to mind; Watch your discs and make sure they play correctly before removing the POP's from the insert.

If you find that one of the discs is faulty, it may be difficult to return or exchange it if the store checks the contents and sees a missing POP inside.

I had this happen to me once and it took a ten minute conversation with first a clerk and then a store manager to convince him that I wasn't trying to pull anything.

-g

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks