What's new

Eyes Wide Shut - region 3 (1 Viewer)

Derek.R

Auditioning
Apparently, the Region 3 version of Eyes Wide Shut is the closest to Stanley Kubrick's original version.

Does anyone know a good website to buy Region 3 DVDs? I haven't been able to find any. Thanks!

(I've even tried eBay, but it seems the R4 version is the one most commonly auctioned.)

Jean-Michel

Supporting Actor
Although the R4 (and the R2) are uncensored, they have a couple of problems. For one, they've apparently been made from NTSC masters (instead of a unique PAL master), resulting in inferior image quality, and secondly, although the nudity is uncensored, the music in the orgy scene has been altered (the original version had a chant from the Bhagavad Gita, which was removed from most home video releases of the film following protests from UK Hindu groups). The R3, being an NTSC disc, doesn't have the first problem, and although I haven't seen it myself I've heard it's the only DVD release of the film with the original music.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks