What's new

Experian Thinks My Wife is Dead (1 Viewer)

David Brown Eyes

Second Unit
No she is not dead but when we tried to pull up her FICO scores last night they did not exist. We narrowed it down to one creditor who reported her dead to Experian and now she is completely removed from the system.

We are screwed right?

Anyone have and experience or suggestions on how to fight this and prove that she is still alive?

I have read some horror stories on the net today trying to research what we need to do but very few suggestions on how to go about removing the reported death.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
When I was in college, I was inadvertently reported dead to a student loan company. As a result, I couldn't enroll or do anything for almost 3 weeks that year until we got it all sorted out.

Here's the approach I had to use: find out the creditor who reported such a thing, contact them directly. You can get a "proof of life" kind of item (a physical, recent medical work, a payment or a renewed photo ID). Get this to the creditor who has issued the report.

Then, contact the reporting bureau, and notify them. In advance, notify other reporting bureaus of the error in your account.

If you really work this, you can normally get a resolution before the next reporting cycle. But you want to make sure you are on top of it before that cycle, so that other agencies do not receive the bad information.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks