What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Exciting 2005 WB Animated News (1 Viewer)

Jonathan_Clarke

Second Unit
Great!

Supemran is still smaller than Batman by 6 episodes so there should be one mroe set of Superman to complete it (right around the summer when Bryan singer's film hits)

Then bring on Justice League!

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Angela_K

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Angela
Sorry if this is the wrong thread to post this in

Got this from Superman Homepage, this is the coverart for Superman: the Animated Series Vol. 2

Here's what episodes they say have commentary:

Extras will include:

* Video Commentary on "Brave New Metropolis" and "World's Finest Part 1" with Bruce Timm, Paul Dini, Glen Murakami, James Tucker, Dan Riba and Moderator Jason Hillhouse
* The Dark Side: Behind the Villians of Superman: The Origin and Evolution of Superman's Adversaries

:emoji_thumbsup:

Kevin/M

Agent

Languishing in WHV's vaults apparently.

From my Count, There are about 200 Non-Tom and Jerry MGM cartoons, enough for quite a few sets, and Warner is doing absoulutly nothing with them.

Really, If nothing comes out this year, chances are they probably will never see light on the DVD Format.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'd heard bad things about Superman: TAS, but I saw it cheap at Best Buy and bought it. I really enjoyed it and look forward to this continuation.

I'm fairly new to Batman as well. What's the consensus? The three current volumes are the best, and the show is different for this volume 4? Would it be worth getting? Was there a third iteration of Batman, apart from the current The Batman show?

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
From my understanding, yes, Volume 4 is worth purchasing. Though the two series are not exactly the same, there are some good parts of the newer series, including some excellent episodes.

Prentice Cotham

Supporting Actor
Some of the best episodes are in Vol 4--Old Wounds, Legends of the Dark Knight, Mad Love, and the great Over the Edge are in this set. You cannot pass this one up.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Volume 4 contains slightly changed character designs, but the writing is absolutely up to the standards of the first three volumes. Some of the redesigns work, some don't, some are too "cartoony." It's worth noting that the designs you'll see in Volume 4 are the ones still used on JLU.

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
Superman: TAS S2 - I'm sold!!! Now if I can only sneak my interest in it to my wife so she can get it for me for Christmas as a stocking stuffer, I'll be really happy indeed! :D :emoji_thumbsup:

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Thanks, guys. I'm sold on the fourth volume. I was being swayed by IMDb user comments, which I should know by now to take with a grain of salt. I'm still not sure how many Batman series there were. Is there another one after this, before The Batman?

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
Yeah, Batman Beyond. The Batman has no connection to the B:TAS family other than a few characters with the same name.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I knew about Batman Beyond, but the different titles were kind of confusing on the IMDb. New Batman Adventures, Gotham Knights, Batman/Superman. Argh! Thanks for clearing it up.

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
I think you've figured it all out, but if you didn't:

- Gotham Knights is the official/original title of The New Batman Adventures (B:TAS V4)
- The New Batman/Superman Adventures (I believe I got that right) is what The WB called the hour with episodes of S:TAS and B:GK.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
The New Batman Adventures is WBA's title for the series (which is why it appears on the box for V4), while Batman: Gotham Knights is the creator-approved title.

Jim Harvey

Second Unit
Not quite. Batman: Gotham Knights was the proposed name of the series going into production, but was changed to The New Batman Adventures shortly afterward. Batman: Gotham Knights was never an official title, just a proposed, pre-production name.

And for those wondering, Bruce Timm comments on the next Batman and Superman releases, and even hints at what's coming:

http://forums.toonzone.net/showthread.php?t=148695

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

Which isn't what I said. I said that B:GK is the creator-approved title. (EDIT: Perhaps I should have used 'intended' here)

Paul Dini: "We were going to call the new show Batman: Gotham Knights, but lost out to the more descriptive New Batman/Superman Adventures."

The inference being this was their preferred title for the show and not the 'more descriptive' title that WBA came up with.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks