Equilibrium Blu Ray (Echo Bridge)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Jeff Cooper, May 9, 2011.

1. Jeff Cooper

Jeff Cooper Screenwriter

Does anyone have any solid info on the May 10th (tomorrow) release of Equilibrium on Blu-Ray?

All the retail websites I've checked on it still don't even have any cover art for it.

According to the distributors press release, it is in 1.77:1 format (MAR) and 2.0 Stereo Audio. This would make it the first Blu-Ray of a movie that I want where the DVD is actually way better. (OAR and 5.1 Audio).

Just wondering if anyone actually has this disc yet and can comment on the actual format/quality/etc.

I'm familiar with Echo Bridges pathetic quality and am definitely not picking this one up before reading others opinions on it.

2. Worth

Worth Screenwriter

Nick Dobbs
  3. CraigF

CraigF Cinematographer

Craig
    My understanding is the Dutch version is the one to get for frugal English-speakers. It's region-free, English DTS-HD MA, and !OAR!. Trust but verify that one, I don't have it, on my back-burner until I need some more Dutch stuff.

I have the Canadian Alliance version; even though I knew it was MAR (funny how it's OK if the director [lah-deeee-dah] says MAR is not MAR...see Narnia BD apologists lol) it only costs ~$5 here and *is* noticeably better PQ than the DVD (which had mediocre PQ anyways), even if there is less pic filling more screen space... From what people have said, all the Alliance versions have been superior to the same-title Echo Bridge releases...so far. Go Dutch if you care. The UK release is no better than the Canadian one (no kidding, Momentum *is* Alliance).

4. Worth

Worth Screenwriter

Nick Dobbs
    I've heard that the Dutch version has some 1080i/50 content on it, so it may not be compatible with many North American players.

5. Martin Henry

Martin Henry Stunt Coordinator

Went with the Japanese disc when it was released. Pricey, but very nice.

6. CraigF

CraigF Cinematographer

Craig