What's new

Episode II DVD: 11/26 - and more... (1 Viewer)

Hakan Powers

Stunt Coordinator
Notice there's some other interesting stuff there as well:

10/02: Scorpion King

10/15: Scooby Doo

10/22: E.T.

11/05: Spiderman

11/12: Ice Age

11/19: MiB II

12/17: BTTF Trilogy

Jared M

Stunt Coordinator
forget episode 2, that list states the Back to the Future trilogy is comming 12/17.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
Holy crap, there's a Land Before Time 9 coming out? I remember the first one from when I was young, didn't know there had been sooooo many sequels.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
The question I have is episode 2 going to be Dolby Digital only just like Phantom Menace :-(. Also am waiting for Back to the Future trilogy to come out. Seeing that BTTF is Speilburg that may be in DTS.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Personally I thought the DD track of TPM was one of the greatest ever. If they can match that for Episode II, I wouldn't care less about DTS.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Here is something I ran accross for Back to the Future DVD. Wonder when we will get this box set here in the states?
Australian site www.EZYDVD.com.au have announced the region 4 set of "back to the Future" for 21st August. The three disk set has the following special features:
Disc 1 Special Features:
* Back To The Future movie
* The Original Making Of featurette - a rare BEHIND THE SCENES look.
* A Look Back to the Future: A retrospective look featuring cast and crew.
* ALL NEW AUDIO COMMENTARY with Michael J.Fox, Director/Writer Robert Zemeckis & Producer/Writer Bob Gale.
* Hilarious OUTTAKES.
* DELETED SCENES.
* Original MAKE-UP TESTS.
* HOVER BOARD TEST on location.
* Did you know that?
* Universal's animated anecdotes: watch the movie and learn interesting facts.
* PRODUCTION ARCHIVES - photographs, original storyboards & props.
* Huey Lewis & The News music video POWER OF LOVE.
Disc 2 Special Features:
* Back To The Future II movie
* The Original Making Of featurette - a rare BEHIND THE SCENES look.
* A look Back to the Future: a retrospective look featuring cast and crew
* Hilarious OUTTAKES.
* DELETED SCENES.
Disc 3 Special Features:
* Back To The Future III movie
* A look Back to the Future: a retrospective look featuring cast and crew
* Hilarious OUTTAKES.
* DELETED SCENES.
* ZZ Top music video DOUBLEBACK

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I thought the Dolby Digital as usuall was lacking and disapointing. I look at it from the standpoint that since it is poosible to put both DD and DTS on one disc. Let us the buying public deside what format we listen to. Even in the theater for TPM I almost walked out on it. I do not care for SDDS but in this case SDDS smoked DD on TPM. I guess it all depends on what you like and I do not care for the low resolution of DD. Although it is a step up from Dolby Surround some times, lol.

Scott_MacD

Supporting Actor
FWIW and IMO, the Dolby Digital track on The Phantom Menace (DVD, or LD - they're both the same accounting for overall loudness and minor LFE volume adjustments) is amongst the top 10 soundtracks in Home Theater *ever*. And the only times I've heard a DTS track which is overwhelmingly superior to a Dolby track is when the disc producers use a different and better master for encoding in DTS. (Saving Private Ryan, The Haunting..)

I hate these DD/DTS arguments, and it's off-topic, so I'll leave quietly. On Topic though, I'm pleased to have another confirmation that Episode 2 is coming this year.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I thought the Dolby Digital as usuall was lacking and disapointing. I look at it from the standpoint that since it is poosible to put both DD and DTS on one disc.
I agree it's nice having both formats on the disc, but I don't think the DD track could have sounded much better than it did on the DVD. I thought it was a phenomenal track.

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
That August-December stretch looks to be a wallet buster. I better start working Sundays just to keep up :D .
Bruce

Oscar

Second Unit
WHERE DID YOU GET THIS INFO ANDY?????????!!!!!

As Rick McCallum said "THIS IS SO FUCKING AWESOME!!!!!!"

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
Well I'm trying not to get to excited about this information but still after coming back from seeing Episode 2 it's kind of hard not to. What a great movie.

Kwang Suh

Supporting Actor
Episode I has the best best DD track of any DVD, hands down. Sorry, you can't argue that point :D

Skoobooz

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jay
I have to say that I'm somewhat surprised that, faced with a list of upcoming release dates for some high profile titles, people are still taking the time to argue about the DD track on Phantom Menace. Look! Back to the Future! 12/17!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks