What's new

Energy subwoofer S8.2 not working? (1 Viewer)

Lew.CS

Auditioning
I have recently set up Onkyo 595 with Energy Take5.2 + S8.2 woofer. I connect the subwoofer output of onkyo to the input of sub. When doing a pink noise test using AVIA or amp's internal tone, nothing is heard from the sub. I have check all the settings on the amp and everything seems to be configured correctly.

Then when I connect the amp's subwoofer out to the x-over input of the S8.2, I can heard the pink noise tone on the sub using the amp's internal tone.

Is there something wrong with the subwoofer? For those who have the simimlar setup, what is the speaker calibration levels on the onkyo amp and the settings of BL and x-over on the sub?

Thanks.

TimPaul

Auditioning
Do you have your speakers set to small on your receiver? If I remember correctly, AVIA sends its LFE test signal out through the left channel as well and you must have your speakers set to small (which funnels

Lew.CS

Auditioning
yes... the speakers were set to small in the receiver... the issue now is I can hear the tone on the sub when connected to x-over input of sub but not when the connected to direct input(using sub's x-over and volume control)of sub...

John F. Palacio

Supporting Actor
" I can hear the tone on the sub when connected to x-over input of sub but not when the connected to direct input(using sub's x-over and volume control)of sub..."

If that is the case and you are using the same cable, then there is something amiss with the sub. Make sure you have not overlooked a switch or jumper for selecting crossover or non-crossover operation on the sub.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
If your 8 inch is similar to my soon to be retired eXL:S10 you should have the RCA-to-RCA interconnect to the port labeled XOVER. It's what Energy calls a "Low Level Connection2". The subs internal crossover is bypassed. I've always thought the ports names of SUB INPUT and XOVER were a bit misleading.

RussellC

Stunt Coordinator
I just had a S8.2 sub go bad too. But the problem was within the driver somewhere not the amp or connections.

Lew.CS

Auditioning
I believe the problem lies with the sub.. have sent it for repair.. I only have it for 2 weeks..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks