What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Ed Wood: Special Edition question (1 Viewer)

Porfirio

Second Unit
I tried searching this forum but could not find the original thread. Anyway, on the Ed Wood: Special Edition dvd, how can you tell between the recalled version and the regular version?

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Matthew Marino

Stunt Coordinator
The spine on the recalled one is gray while the spine on the regular one is black. As far as the actual disc, the recalled one has an extra feature about transvestites.

Porfirio

Second Unit
Thanks Matthew. I guess it's back to Best Buy, I saw a gray version yesterday.

Thanks again.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I thought the deleted featurette was on the Theramin.

- Steve

Felix Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Felix E. Martinez
I didn't know the spine was definitive in telling them apart. And here I've been saving my receipt for my two copies all this time. Oh, well, doesn't hurt!

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
No, the deleted featurette is definitely on cross dressers... and it's still on the new disc! They just deleted the menu entry on the reissued DVD, but if you put the disc in your computer and manually select one of the vob files (don't remember which one) you can still watch that featurette. I've tried it when I first read about it, and it worked like a charm.

Matthew Marino

Stunt Coordinator
Hmm, if you saw a gray-spined version at Best Buy I somehow doubt thats the original version. Maybe it's worth a try but the likelyhood of that still being sold at a major retailer years after it was pulled is just very unlikely. The documentary wasn't even that good and as stated above its technically still there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SJeans123
Recent bookmarks