What's new

Dynasty Warriors 3 vs Kessen 2 (1 Viewer)

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
Hi everyone. I am planning on finally shelling out to get a PS2 this weekend for my birthday. I originally was thinking of getting Kessen 2 as my first game. Once I did a little more research though it seemed like people had some problems with that one. Now I'm interested in Dynasty Warriors 3. Anyone have any hands-on experience with these two? They are more than just massive-scale fighters, right? Thanks in advance.

James

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Kessen is *much* more of a strategy game than a 'massive scale slasher'. Graphically, it may appear to be the same, but it's a very different game. I'd go check some reviews on IGN or elsewhere to see the nuances.

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
I have read the reviews for each at Gamespot and some of the user reviews there as well. It seems that Kessen has been criticized for being repetitive and not giving players all that much control. Dynasty Warriors seems to have avoided these sort of remarks and should have good replay value - I've heard there are 41 characters total that can be used.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks