What's new

DVD Labels (1 Viewer)

Kaos

Auditioning
Since I got my new Panasonic DMR-E30 DVD Recorder I have been busy in my spare time making copies of home videos. I have always put labels on my CDs with no playback problems. I read the Panasonic owners manual and it states that no labels should be placed on DVDs. By the time I read this I already had several DVD copies made and they play fine with labels. Is this just a precautionary statement by Panasonic or is this a big DVD no no?
Thanks

MichaelPe

Screenwriter
Is this just a precautionary statement by Panasonic...?
Yes, most likely. I've owned a few DVD/CD players, and most of them had that warning, yet played the discs just fine. I think that the warning is mainly there because sometimes labels can peel off if the disc is kept in the player for too long (or just due to extreme temperatures). I have, in the past, had CDs which were stuck in my car's CD player because the label peeled off in the freezing Montreal weather. However, by being careful, these small incidents can be avoided.

TyC

Stunt Coordinator
You mean the round labels that completely cover the front? Generally they are OK. Random stickers, on the other hand, are bad because they throw off the disc's balance when it is spinning.
Article from the DVD FAQ

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
You can also buy hub labels (used for two-sided discs). Avery now has a template for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trackername123
Recent bookmarks