What's new

Dumb noob type question (1 Viewer)

Southpaw

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
How can I watch shows/movies that I've DL'd on iTunes on my television without using AppleTV? I totally missed season 2 of Mad Men on AMC but I see the entire season is available on iTunes.
It looks like I have a mini-DVI port on my macbook so I'm assuming a miniDVI to HDMI cable would work but I also assume it doesn't carry audio. What's the best way to get the audio over to my TV?

On the subject of AppleTV - does anyone own one? How useful is it? Trying to decide if it's worth it right now.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim

Analog: a cable with two RCA at one end which you plug into the TV's audio inputs that correspond with the DVI input, mini-headphone jack at the other (i.e. the same thing as your iPod earphones), which you plug into the headphone output of the MacBook.

Digital: SPDIF, or optical cable, but you'll need the connector that looks like a hollow mini-headphone jack at one end, and the usual Toslink connector at the other. This is provided your TV can accept digital inputs, if not you can plug it into the receiver in your HT rig.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks