What's new

Duel Shiva I (1 Viewer)

Martin Phillips

Auditioning
Can someone give me the optimum or as close as possible, volume for a sonosub using duel shiva I driver powered by 250w. It will be used in a huge room. I have been looking at some of the duel shiva subs in the sub section but have not come across anything that said this was the perfect size. Maybe there isnt one perfect size but I am interested in a 24" sonotube type sub with two shiva I drivers tuned to below 20hz. I have used 4" flared ports before but have always thought they were restictive. It will be primarily used for HT. So what is the magic #? volume and port length of 6'' or even 8" port would be helpful and I will keep everyone updated on how it compares to two 220 l sonotube subs using the same drivers. Thanks later,MP

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Sunosub I (in my signature below) is a dual-Shiva sonosub. I had to tune it really low (around 16Hz with a 8" wide port around 29"-30" IIRC) to keep it from "farting" on the tough bass passages. Internal volume was changed from 12 ft^3 around 11.25 ft^3 once I added in the additional porting to retune it from 19Hz to 16Hz.

Martin Phillips

Auditioning
Once you made the changes were you happy with the results? Did you have to give up any noticable volume (sound)by tuning it so low? Is this the desighn that you would suggest for a Duel shiva design for HT use? I checked out your website. Wow when someone puts forth that much effort to help others it almost makes me feel guilty for not just gettin to it. Thanks. MP

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks