What's new

dts not working on dvd's (1 Viewer)

Hey guys. I have been trying to use dts on my receiver while watching dvd's. My receiver does support dts. I have my playstation 2 hooked up directly to my receiver through digital optical cable. I have use some games using dts, I know dts is being used because on the "auto detect" feature says dts on it when it is being use. dts does work since i have played games with it, but when I try to watch a dvd that supports dvd, it doesnt work. I go to the audio options menu and set it to dts. I watch the movie, but dts doesnt work, just regular non surround sound comes out. Any ideas?

HowardGjr

Stunt Coordinator
Ryan,

Did you make sure that the DVD is set to output DTS? On some DVD players, you can tell the player to convert DTS to stereo.

I'm assuming that you have a digital connection (coax or optical) between the receiver and the DVD.

Take care.
Howard

Brian Ruth

Supporting Actor
Ryan: You have to go into your settings first to make sure the PS2 is outputting DTS instead of PCM.

Press select during a movie to bring up options. Click on the suitcase to bring up the Setup menu. Select the speaker to bring up audio setup. Make sure DTS, Digital Optical Out, and Dolby Digital are all on.

That SHOULD solve your problem. :)

EDIT: Looks like you did that.... hmm.... dunno what to say then. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BMan56
Recent bookmarks