What's new

DTS audio dropouts Onkyo 575X (1 Viewer)

Duncan

Auditioning
I have an Onkyo TX-DS575X receiver and a Pioneer 525-DV player which I've tried connecting with both coaxial and optical inputs. When I play DTS dvds, for most of the movie the audio is fine, but occasionally when the music swells the audio cuts out intermittently for a few seconds, and sometimes even for a few minutes the audio continues to blink in and out. When I switch to DD, it's fine. The last few movies I've watched the sound was fine for most of the movie but started to cut out like this toward the end, and continuing through the credits.
Is this a decoder problem? Or possibly a problem with the player passing the DTS bitstream? Anyone else experience this? I'm just hoping for some more input before I send this in for servicing.
Thanks.
------------------
-Duncan
"I'm about as caffeinated as I wanna be,
and I'm sittin' here buzzin' like a cheap TV"
[Edited last by Duncan on July 20, 2001 at 01:55 AM]

Try disabling the Re-EQ feature on your receiver when you are playing a DTS soundtrack. The Re-EQ only works on Dolby Digital soundtracks, and causes the problem you are hearing when it is applied to a DTS track. In the 595, they made it auto disable Re-EQ when the signal is anything but DD.
Hope this helps,
------------------
Nate Thompson

John Welch

Stunt Coordinator
Try turning off the Cinema Re-EQ function. I notice from the Onkyo website that your model has that feature.
Several people have said that the DSP in the Onkyo seems to get overwhelmed by the amount of data that is getting processed during dynamic passages with the DTS tracks while the Re-EQ function is engaged.
Edited to add that while I was looking up the Onkyo site Nate was posting the exact same answer. :) Good job
[Edited last by John Welch on July 20, 2001 at 02:46 AM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sbaker1991
Recent bookmarks