What's new

Downfiring or front firing question (1 Viewer)

DerrickN

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,

I'm planning to build a 54L sealed Shiva sub using Hypex HS200 amp. My living room have a floating Pergo wood floor, should I go with downfiring or front firing design? Originally, I was planning to go with downfiring and using a granite slab as a base. But one of my friend told me that downfiring should be used for a carpet room only. Is he right or wrong? Please help!!!

Thanks,

Derrick

Ben Ven

Stunt Coordinator
Your friend is probably thinking that you will reflect some of the sound off a "hard surface" floor. At the frequencies the subs will be operating, this is not an issue since the wavelengths will be much longer than the 3-4" the woofer will be from the ground. Also, I have found a difference, at least in my room, with front firing and downfiring woofers. I can make the pictures fall off the walls with downfiring woofers!! Not a good idea when the wife is around. :D

Kevin Beck

Stunt Coordinator
Has anybody els experimented with front, vs, down firing subs? I am ver curious as to the findings. As well as,..ports to the rear, or to the bottom?

>>>--->

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks