What's new

Does Sonotube + 2 Shivas = Bass Nirvana? (1 Viewer)

Phil Olson

Stunt Coordinator
Tom,
By the way, from what I've seen in other threads, it sounds like MDF would be best for the endcaps.
Also, what driver orientation would you suggest? I was thinking one woof pointing out of each end. Wired ++,-- or +-,+-?
Also, how would you improve on my proposed design? Any suggestions? I picked the overall height to be able to enclose the tube with four 4' plywood sides, as I mentioned earlier, (WAF).
Also, if anyone wanted to see my modeling of various ported/closed enclosures, I saved the graphs in jpeg. They are big, (~100K each), but I could try to post them in a separate thread if anyone is interrested. E-mail would be another alternative.
Phil

Phil Olson

Stunt Coordinator
Nick,
From what I've read, anything below .2 is ok. WinISD shows any number above .16 in red or below .16 in green, so their threshold is about .165. Perhaps Dan W or Tom V would correct me if I'm mistaken.
Phil

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
>>>Tom,
2 Shiva's
24" Sonotube 46" long
2 3/4" ends for internal 44.5" Sonotube
This would leave 11.65 cu ft or 329.9 Liters
Subtracting 6 Liters for the two drivers leaves 323.9 Liters
Subtracting 9.4 Liters for the vent leaves 314.5 Liters
Adding some stuffing, I figure the net would 'look' like 330 Liters, (up about 5%), to the woofs.
Tuned to 16.5 Hz

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Phil, Tom and Dan.
Great thread. I am going to archive this so I would suggest starting a new thread to continue the discussion.
Parker

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks