What's new

Does JVC's XV-S60BK DVD player really do 3:2 pulldown? (1 Viewer)

Crutchfield is advertising the new JVC XV-S60BK DVD player as one which does 3:2 deinterlacing. The JVC website does not mention this. Even if it doesn't do the 3:2, for a progressive scan player, $250 sounds like a great deal. If it actually did 3:2 I think it would be a steal!
Does anyone have this player or it's gold finished brother (JVC XV-S65GD)?
Patrick
------------------

MikeF

Stunt Coordinator
I have been trying to get the same question answered. I think the player can be found online for about $200, which would be nothing short of remarkable for a chroma bug-free, 3:2 progressive scanning player with MP3 audio playback and 4:3>16:9 auto-zooming.
The RP91 costs something like twice as much, as does the Malata -- and lord only knows how long the latter will last. I almost bought a Malata, but am waiting to see whether the S60BK does 3:2. If it does do 3:2, I can't justify spending double to be able to watch on the Malata what few non-R1 titles interest me. (Not to mention the auto-zoom is much more convenient for non-HT geeks in the family.)
------------------
My oh so exciting DVD collection.

Tod Gettys

Auditioning
According to the player's sale page at OneCall.com it does do 3:2 pulldown. Here's the link: Link Removed
Here are some of the details:
====
Digital Direct progressive-scan (with automatic 3:2 pulldown) output delivers 480p signals straight from source material without the need for a line doubler
Component video, composite video and S-video outputs for a great connection to virtually any TV
Optical and coaxial digital audio outputs provide a perfect connection to Dolby Digital and DTS receivers
Plays movie DVDs, CDs, VCDs and CD-R/RWs
Integrated MP3 decoder
Graphical user interface makes it easy to control all functions
Video fine processor improves picture quality
3-D PHONIC virtual surround sound
Glow remote
10-bit/27mHz digital-to-analog converter
Variable (forward and reverse) search and slow motion,
Digest play, strobe play, angle list, zoom play and resume function
==========
I'm looking at this one very closely too. Good luck.
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks