What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Dock(speakers) for iTouch/iPod (1 Viewer)

Bejoy

Stunt Coordinator
Anybody here using iPod/iTouch speakers? Not expensive ones, more towards a bedroom/kitchen use.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Jim_F

Screenwriter
Mostly as a result of searching reviews on iLounge, I got the Altec Lansing iM600. The sound is very good for what it is. It keeps my iTouch charged when it's plugged in. I haven't gotten great performance from the rechargeable battery (I only trust it for about 3-4 hours, freshly charged-no "shelf life" to speak of)

Mr. Film

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Keegan
I use my surround sound system to listen to my Itouch out loud.

Jason Merrick

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Merrick
I picked up the Sony XDR-S10HDiP. It's a clock radio with integrated HD Radio and iPod dock (iPhone/Touch compatible).

I paid $179 at Fry's for it, and got a $50 mailed rebate from HD Radio. Don't know if the rebate is still active, but Amazon has it for $149.

I have been VERY impressed with the sound from this unit. I haven't used the HD Radio much, mainly because I live in a canyon and don't get very good reception. I use the Sleep timer pretty much every day though, I put on a podcast (usually The Tech Guy, Leo LaPorte) and hit the 15 or 30 minute timer. It automatically shuts down after the time is up and turns off the iPod too. The unit also comes with a remote control which is very nice for controlling the unit and the iPod from across the room.

I'd highly recommend it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks