What's new

Do you think It's better to buy separates instead of a "smart all in one" TV? (1 Viewer)

thomasross1

Auditioning
Real Name
Thom
I am getting ready to purchase a new hi-def TV and want to be able to watch HD video streaming from the internet and am wondering in terms of better quality of picture, sound, value and longevity of components is it better to buy separates? I have always been weary of buying an all-in-one anything for fear of lower quality interior components and since this will be a big purchase for me I don't mind spending extra for (hopefully) better results in the future. Thanks for your help! Thom "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
Buying separates is always better. With an All in One unit, when something goes wrong (and it usually does) you're without everything, while it's being repaired, or whatever. A lot of blu ray players, as well as the ps3, will stream stuff you want. Or you can just run the computer to the system, and stream over it. I don't stream personally. I like the better quality of the blu ray disc's video and HD audio. You can't get HD audio when streaming. Good luck!

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I wouldn't buy a TV just because of the apps. Get a TV based on the picture, size, and price. Apps are a bonus. I prefer external boxes for my apps. When I buy a TV I want to keep it for many years. I have no desire to replace a $2000 TV to get the latest Netflix app.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks