What's new

Do you haveTime Warner Cable NYC DVR? (1 Viewer)

Jim Zanbehr

Agent
Has anyone in the New York City area had experience with the new TWC digital video recorder? What kind of output/inputs does it have? There is very little I can see online at their website. I'm in Brooklyn and currently have TWC digital service and use two digital cable boxes so I can use one to tape shows to my VCR while watching on another cable channel. This sounds like a better way to go, but could I still ouput the signal to my VCR if I want a more permanent recording? How about the audio outputs?

Jim Rakowiecki

Stunt Coordinator
I'm not in NYC but I do have a Time Warner DVR and as far as I know they are all the same. Yes, you can record from the hard drive to your VCR if you wish. I wouldn't hesitiate for a minute in switching. The box has two tuners in it so there is a real watch and record capability or you can reecord two shows at once and still watch womething that you had recorded previously.
The only draw backs IMO is the noise from the contantly running hard drive and there is a delay when changing channels because the box starts recording the channel and you actually see the recording which allows for the rewinding and pausing stuff.

Jim Zanbehr

Agent
Well I went ahead and got the new TWCNYC DVR cable box this past Saturday and hooked it up. It has all the connections I need and the noise of the hard drive on mine is barely noticable unless I've got my ear right next to it. Though the moving lights emited thru the vent at night when the room is dark are a little spooky.

My one concern is on a number of occasions while watching a "live" news broadcast or such that the image will freeze for several seconds before jumping ahead. If I "rewind" the missing seconds have been recorded, but as far as I know I was doing nothing to cause the "pause/freeze frame" action. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is it to be expected or is this some type of defect?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks