What's new

Do Ya Dye? (1 Viewer)

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Since I read Dave Mack's OMG-I'm-40! thread and saw those of us in that age group, I wondered if any of you guys color your hair...

Myself, I don't. I'm letting it slowly change over; luckily, I have a full head o' hair (not even a bald spot) and can see the 'highlights'. At first, it was a little disconcerting, but I never even considered heading for the guy hair color section of the ol Wal-Mart.

Fess up. Do ya or don't ya...

mylan

Screenwriter
I'm 42 and still have the same color as I had in my 30's, there is no trace of grey but when it happens I will let it grey naturally. I have a slight receding hairline but I keep it short so it is not noticable, no bald spots.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
No, although it's just starting to gray at the temples, Reed Richards-style.

Although I will admit that the beard is probably not coming back in ever again.

Elphaba

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Gilda
I'm not a guy, but I do have mine dyed. I'm not going gray yet at 40, but my natural hair color is this awful mousy color in between blonde and brown, so I get it darkened to a nice chestnut.

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
I've lost as much hair as I think I'm going to, but my beard started graying about ten years ago and is working its way up. So far, the gray has reached my temples and isn't relenting. The older I get, the more I think it suits me.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
I'm 42 and blonde (well, during the summer) and it hides the gray well. Used to wear a goatee, but that's been gone for a long time. I keep it short (it's thinning compared to my 20's, but I had a thick mop of hair in my 20's, the barber used to have to thin it out just to cut it). I'll never dye it.

DaveHo

Supporting Actor
36 here, no gray yet. My parents are into their late 60's/early 70's & barely have any gray. Hopefully the trend continues.

I work with a number of guys who dye their hair. No they haven't said they do, it's just that obvious. If you're going to dye it, make sure you know what you are doing.

-Dave

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hugh Jackes
48, no dye, hair still coppery brown. I wear a full beard, and it is greying on my jawline.

My mother is 82, we share exactly the same hair color, and she has only a strand or two of grey in hers. Hopefully that is a good sign.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Its not the stray gray hair that bothers me... but I have one(1) bone-white facial hair follicle sitting alone in a sea of black & reddish brown beard.

So far using tweezers is alot less messy than trying to dye one hair.

drobbins

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
44 yrs old, thinning out on top, whats left is 1/2 grey - no dye although the wife has talked to me about it.

Jeff_CusBlues

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
I'm just turned 46, and have red hair. I lost most of the top when I was in my late 20s and early 30s. I still have a lot on the sides and back though. I am starting to grey a little at the temples. I have thought about coloring my hair. From what I've seen, red is not easy to match. I would never do it myself and will have it professionally done if done at all. I need to decide fast because I don't want to be one of those guys who is grey one day and back to red the next.

My beard has been grey for a while. I've never gown a beard or mustache so it's not a problem for me.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
I'm really starting to turn gray this year. I'm hoping it turns into a bright white, wild head of hair. Then I can run around like a mad scientist.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
FWIW, 48. Full head of hair. Completely white (used to be brown).

Started to go grey in high school. Irish thing.

Happy with this situation. Completely comfortable with the grey hair. Would be uncomfortable about hair loss. Don't know why. But glad I don't have to deal with it.

Both of my kids are red-heads. Mother is a brunette. That recessive Irish red-hair gene really kicked in big time for them. I expect they will start to turn grey early...although at ages 17 & 21 it hasn't seem to have started yet.

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt
Still have a full head of brown hair, no gray yet. But my beard (goatee) started to turn gray about 4-5 years ago, now it has that "salt-n-pepper" look. I actually like the natural look, so no dye for me. Plus my wife says it looks cool.

BTW, is it gray or grey.

Jeff_CusBlues

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff

Hmmm...I didn't know that, Mike. I am Irish with red hair, and as I said earlier, just started going grey at 46. I must have something else in my ancestry blocking that early Irish grey gene. lol

Elphaba

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Gilda

Both are correct. Gray is more common in the US, and grey in the UK, but both are equally correct.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Those of you who dye ... do you, uhm, try to make the sleeves match the collar? :P
(Quote attributed to Mae West, if I remember correctly.)

Cees

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks