What's new
World Wide Stereo

do i have this right? (1 Viewer)

mustangwally

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
wally
i am almost at the point of putting the sheetrock on my ceiling and wanted to double check with you guys to see if i have figure out my projector placement properly. my room is 10'x21'1" with 7' 1" ceilings after the drywall is on. i would like to have a 92"screen and was hoping to place the projector into the rear wall where i could access it from the storage room. the distance between the screen and the projector is going to be 18' (screen is not going to be mounted on the wall, RPTV still going to be used behind it for regular tv viewing, projector for moives and sporting events). i have total light control in the room and the projector i am thinking of is the sanyo plv-z5. i am running a 7.1 yamaha avr with hdmi and have yet to pick out a dvd player. do the set up seems like it will work? i have check out the calculator on projectorcentral website but just would like someone to confirm that ihave entered the numbers correctly.

thanks in advance!!(and for questions still to come!!)

wally

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
The only thing that may be a problem is the Z5 is not real bright in low power mode. I assume you've read the reviews at Projectorcentral.com and Projectorreviews.com? Another choice is the Panasonic AX100, but it only has a 1 year warranty.

mustangwally

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
wally

i have read the reviews but they mention it is good for rooms with total light control. should i be looking at the panny instead of the sanyo??

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
The Z5 will be fine with a 92" screen. I must have missed reading your screen size. What will your seating distance be? Why not a larger screen?

mustangwally

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
wally
the room is only 10' wide, not sure i can squeeze any more screen in there!! seating distance to the first row is going to be 13' 6" give or take a couple of inches. will this be ok?

SethH

Senior HTF Member
According to the calculator at Projector Central for the Z5, you will need to use a zoom factor of 1.03 for a throw distance of 18' and screen size of 92" (assuming 16:9). The recommended seating distance is 9'-15', so you should be good.

mustangwally

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
wally
excellent, like i said i just wanted to make sure that i had all the bases covered before i sheetrock the ceiling and forget something and have to move the projector

thanks for all the help
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoneman66
Recent bookmarks