What's new

{DMB} Have you ever been to a concert at Central Park? (1 Viewer)

Howie A

Second Unit
DMB @ Central Park!
I was just wondering if any of you have ever been to an out door show of this magnitude? They are expecting about 100,000 people. That is going to be nuts. I am just wondering if there will be a great audio setup covering the span of the field or just a few speakers closer to the stage? In which case I wont be able to hear for sh#t.
Either way this is going to be a cool experience.
Though it is going to be tough to out do the time I lucked out and got to see him on the roof of the ed sullivan theater for a taping of the David Lettermen show. The only difference is now I will be a few hundred feet away as apposed to about 3-4 feet and they will preform about 20-30 songs instead of 3. Any time I see them it winds up being a sick time no matter what. :)
Anyone else here going?
What will the set up be like? Any guesses?

Tom Foley

Stunt Coordinator
I'm going. I'm guessing the stage set up will be pretty similar to recent Central Park shows, like Sting and Sheryl Crow. Probably a good but basic stage set up so that DMB's crew can rig the lighting and sound equipment they've been touring with. They might need some supplemental sound coverage towards the back. I wouldn't expect too many bells and whistles, especially when you consider that this is a charity event. Oh, but you can expect HUGE AOL banners!

Should be a real fun time, hoping for good weather! This is like the ultimate present to DMB fans, but I still see some complaining in the message boards. And I imagine many people will be annoyed by what things they aren't allowed to bring into a concert in the park, like food and chairs. And it is a little annoying that there is something like a 300,000+ demand for this show, and they're only going to allow 100,000. Kinda kills that whole image in my head of a GIANT crowd. 100,000 people on the Great Lawn won't look like too much.

lena69

Auditioning
Real Name
carmela
I hope the audio setup will be excellent. However I will be with you on the roof of sullivan Theatre. I'll go with four friends. Nice to see you, Howie A. Carmela

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks