What's new

dissapointment with xbconnect (1 Viewer)

BradleyS.

Stunt Coordinator
I finally got xbconnect to work on my computer and I joined a game of halo. When I got in game i could hardly play due to lagging. I have a fairly slow connection as far as cable standards go, about a 420/128. I have xbox live and I never experience lagging problems. was this lagging due to my connection or possibly the hosts connection?

RobMorrow

Grip
Don't bother with xbconnect, give xlink a try. just search in google for it, sorry i can't post urls

Scott Bourden

Second Unit
It's all about the netcode.

Halo was built around the assumption that the multiplayer options would have the latency of a LAN, (1-5 ms is normal under heavy local area network loads), and the game operates under this assumption when playing. Factor in that an average broadband to broadband connection is going to have about 50 ms of latency, and usually more when you factor in the distance the other party it that you are connecting to, and unless you both have great connections, you will usually end up with some nasty lag.

Personally, the only person I've ever been able to have a XBC game of Halo with, that was reasonably playable, was a neighbor about 5 houses down the road, but I am in a pretty remote part of the continent.

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
My XBconnect games are normally great. As long as I don't get someone with a high ping. I oftend have games of eight total players, four boxes when I host. They all say the game did not lag either. Sometimes you just get lucky like that. Then sometimes, you get someone on there and every one elses ping is low, and one guys' ping is high, and he'll lag everyone else up.

So it just depends.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks