What's new

Dine for America - October 11th (1 Viewer)

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
FYI: many restaurants across America will be donating a percentage of their profits on Oct. 11th to aid the families of victims of the Sept. 11th terrorist attacks. If you're gonna go out to eat next week, make it a Thursday! Thanks!
------------------
He thought on homeland, the big timber, the air thin and chill all the year long. Tulip poplars so big through the trunk they put you in mind of locomotives set on end. He thought of getting home and building him a cabin on Cold Mountain so high that not a soul but the nighthawks passing across the clouds in autumn could hear his sad cry. Of living a life so quiet he would not need ears. And if Ada would go with him, there might be the hope, so far off in the distance he did not even really see it, that in time his despair might be honed off to a point so fine and thin that it would be nearly the same as vanishing.
-- Charles Frazier, Cold Mountain
[Edited last by SteveGon on October 04, 2001 at 10:05 AM]

Doug R

Supporting Actor
Do you mean October 11th, 2005? Cause that's the next Oct. 11 Tuesday
wink.gif

Sounds like a great idea! I rarely pass an opportunity to eat out and at least this time it goes to a good cause and not just a couple hours of indigestion.
------------------

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Hey Steve, flip that calender over to "October"
biggrin.gif
We've moved and apparently you're still living in the past.
laugh.gif

Jay
------------------
HUGBEES! Link Removed
Rider in the 2001 Alaska AIDS Vaccine Ride
Wanna Link Removed

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
blush.gif
Whoops! I meant Thursday, October 11th! Post edited accordingly.
------------------
He thought on homeland, the big timber, the air thin and chill all the year long. Tulip poplars so big through the trunk they put you in mind of locomotives set on end. He thought of getting home and building him a cabin on Cold Mountain so high that not a soul but the nighthawks passing across the clouds in autumn could hear his sad cry. Of living a life so quiet he would not need ears. And if Ada would go with him, there might be the hope, so far off in the distance he did not even really see it, that in time his despair might be honed off to a point so fine and thin that it would be nearly the same as vanishing.
-- Charles Frazier, Cold Mountain

Tommy G

Screenwriter
Steve, you really are twisting my arm.
wink.gif
This is a great idea. I hope it is a country wide thing. If so, the whole family gets a night out on Thursday.

Mike I

Supporting Actor
Our newspaper just came out today with a list of particapating resturants....There is quite a good selection in the Orlando area, but not just any resturant is particapating..
Some of the nationals chains I noticed were: Outback; Carraba's, and Chillies...They were a few more but can not remember them off hand..
------------------

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Go to www.dineforamerica.com for a list of participating restaurants in your state. Going through the lists from a couple states, it looks like most of the restaurants are donating 100% of their profits for that day, and some are matching employee donations, as well. I don't usually go out to eat during the school year because I just eat somewhere on campus since my meals are pre-paid, but I think I'll make an exception this Thursday. It's a good idea.
Not only is it nationwide, but according to the above site, 4 provinces in Canada; China; Hong Kong; South Korea; the Cayman Islands; Mexico; and Puerto Rico are also participating.
[Edited last by Scott_J on October 06, 2001 at 12:16 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks