What's new

General Discussion Digital Movie/TV Deals (1 Viewer)

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Five Columbia Frank Capra movies bundle $19.99 on iTunes. At least 2 "It Happened One Night" and "Mr. Smith Goes To Washington" s/b 4K

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Bought blind, watched, and agreed! Awesome.
tumblr_nv3iwwnWQo1qgwefso2_500.gif

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
The theatrical cut of Stripes is $5 on Vudu in 4K (Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos). It copies over to Movies Anywhere (HDR10 and 5.1, per Sony) but who knows if it will ever be on Apple.

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
The Holdovers 4K with iTunes Extras on Apple TV at $9.99. Way down from $29.99.

Maybe it will go lower eventually, but as a big Alexander Payne fan, and not having seen this one yet, I’m buying.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino

Maybe it will go lower eventually, but as a big Alexander Payne fan, and not having seen this one yet, I’m buying.
It’s on Peacock for free if you have that. And it will eventually go down to $4.99.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW

It's probably worth the $10 if you haven't even seen it yet and don't have Peacock (and are a Payne fan). Definitely very rewatchable and something one might revisit every year or two (or possibly more often) me thinks.

Too bad Universal is not likely to bother releasing this on 4K disc though -- they simply have been avoiding that for such in recent years. Looks like one would have to import to get 4K on disc. And since it's Universal, also no iTunes DC for free 4K digital (upgrade or not) either... so I'll probably also end up getting the 4K digital at some point -- I do have Peacock, which may do fine enough until the price gets lower enough for me to bite... plus I've already seen it 2x in a theater (and could probably still see it that way again in very near future if I want w/ my AMC A-List)...

I'll probably end up w/ both the BD and 4K digital (like for other similar cases)... unless an import 4K disc is actually unexpectedly much better than the BD (for me to justify the cost+effort of importing)...

_Man_

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Just picked up Kramer Vs Kramer, His Girl Friday, and The Last Detail from FanFlix latest 3 for $15 deal. All in 4K. I didn't even know The Last Detail was available in 4K.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Just picked up Kramer Vs Kramer, His Girl Friday, and The Last Detail from FanFlix latest 3 for $15 deal. All in 4K. I didn't even know The Last Detail was available in 4K.
Yeah, I saw that deal which I should have noted here for others to purchase. As to The Last Detail, I bought the 4K digital from Vudu last December when it was on sale for $5.00.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
iTunes has the first five Transformer films + Bumblebee in 4K on sale for $10:

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
iTunes has the first five Transformer films + Bumblebee in 4K on sale for $10:

I have never seen any of these movies, but for that price I figured "what the heck". I love a bargain.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks