What's new

Dick Tracy - Blu Ray Release Dec 11th (1 Viewer)

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Richard,

There is another thread devoted to Disney releases that
has this listing, but at least we have a place for discussion
devoted to this title.

Thanks for posting.

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter
Real Name
Luke J. Chung
It WILL be interesting to see if "Dick Tracy" finally gets a video transfer in HD worthy of its original theatrical presentation in 1990, Ron...been waiting YEARS for this!!!

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
lukejosephchung said:
It WILL be interesting to see if "Dick Tracy" finally gets a video transfer in HD worthy of its original theatrical presentation in 1990, Ron...been waiting YEARS for this!!!:tu:
With it's use of color and lighting, this has the potential for a truly stunning blu ray presentation.

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter
Real Name
Luke J. Chung
Originally Posted by haineshisway /t/324289/dick-tracy-blu-ray-release-dec-11th#post_3985928
If only they could make the film better
Different strokes for different folks, Bruce...I enjoyed this immensely back in the day and would love to see it restored to its full technical glory!!!

Escapay

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Albert Gutierrez
I hope we get extras besides the Digital Copy. Beatty's usually reticent towards including extras on films he directed (well, aside from Reds), but it would be great to see some features about this production. A history of the comic strip, a piece about Elfman's music & Sondheim's songs, the color-wheel production design, etc. Beatty did an interview with TCM a couple years ago - in character as Dick Tracy - that would be interesting to see. There was also a TV special ("Behind the Badge, Behind the Scenes") that could be worth including as well. And the film had a Roger Rabbit cartoon, "Rollercoaster Rabbit," attached to its theatrical run. I wouldn't mind having that on the disc for nostalgia's sake.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Originally Posted by Escapay /t/324289/dick-tracy-blu-ray-release-dec-11th#post_3985995And the film had a Roger Rabbit cartoon, "Rollercoaster Rabbit," attached to its theatrical run. I wouldn't mind having that on the disc for nostalgia's sake.
I have no idea what, if anything, will be on the DICK TRACY disc, but I believe we were told that when WHO FRAMED ROGER RABBIT is released on Blu-ray, the Roger Rabbit shorts are going to be a part of that release.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
MattH. said:
I have no idea what, if anything, will be on the DICK TRACY disc, but I believe we were told that when WHO FRAMED ROGER RABBIT is released on Blu-ray, the Roger Rabbit shorts are going to be a part of that release.
Watch the ROGER RABBIT promo on the CINDERELLA Diamond edition, which makes a point of announcing that the three shorts will be included.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks