What's new

Denon announces new 2020 receivers with HDMI 2.1 and 8K 60fps/4K 120fps (3 Viewers)

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
You stayed with your 7702mkII for 4K?

I did. I have no interest in HEOS, DV or IMAX and certainly not 8K. The 7702MKII has been a joy to own on all levels. I haven't found a compelling reason to part with it. My money is going into speakers these days. :cool:

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
What don't you like about HEOS? We use it in our a/v showroom and my home.

Hey Robert - I think your question was probably addressed to @TonyD but for my part, I'm just not a fan of proprietary anything. For my modest wireless music needs, Bluetooth streaming works just fine. If I want multi-room functionality I can use my Google displays and speakers. It's certainly not an audiophile quality solution but it works for me.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
It’s been a bit since I’ve used it but I remember thinking it’s really clunky and far from a good user interface.
The search is bad.
I use Amazon Music and it isn’t a good compatibility.

like John said it’s much easier to stream to or through the Denon.

The one thing that was good is that the HEOS gives access to the Amazon hi rez version but I won’t subscribe that service so it’s pointless.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
John and Tony, please try HEOS again. I like the user interface and find it easy to use and navigate. HEOS's Wi Fi streamed audio performance is appreciatively better than Bluetooth and you will enjoy the better fidelity and clarity.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
John and Tony, please try HEOS again. I like the user interface and find it easy to use and navigate. HEOS's Wi Fi streamed audio performance is appreciatively better than Bluetooth and you will enjoy the better fidelity and clarity.

With a positive recommendation from you Robert, I don't doubt it since I know you're serious abut your toys. To clarify, I've never actually used HEOS and fear I might try it and like it. If that were to happen then I would have yet another funnel to pour my money down. Can't take the chance! ;)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I don’t us a server
Only music device I have is Amazon and I don’t see any of my music bring accessible on heos.

the two pics are from the Denon heos and from the heos app and nothing that goes to my music without doing a specific search.
BEC2E894-3472-4F9A-83F7-AF487B267C2E.jpeg

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Maybe I’m doing it wrong or Amazon doesn’t play well with heos.

373E58A3-7170-45CE-969C-74E133F554E9.png

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Sound United just fulfilled our new PO for more Denon 110th Anniversary AVR-110 13.2 channel receivers, PMA-A110 2-channel Integrated Amplifiers and DCD-A110 SACD/Network Servers and more Marantz 2020 receivers!

Now we can ship all of our orders and have a few available for new orders! Hope to see our HTF friends stop by our a/v showroom for an audition of these new word class audiophile equipment.

Marantz and Denon Limited Edition shipment.png

Dartman

Auditioning
Real Name
Terry Glunz
I recently got a 4700 from eBay as a certified refurbished with a year Denon warranty and 2 years from eBay for a great price.
Had some fun getting everything to play nice together but now everything pretty much works.
It is really nice sounding with a lot of options. I mainly wanted Atmos even if I don't immediately set up extra speakers from my original 5.1 and it still sounds excellent.
Still a good option for folks trying to get the best bang for their buck. My older Denon remotes seem to be able to run it just fine too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks