What's new

Denon 3802 ..composites and S-video (1 Viewer)

Keith M.

Second Unit
It will output all s-video/composite based signals simultaneously through svideo and composite monitor outputs. Be aware that it will NOT output composite only based signals through the svideo monitor output. (it wont convert svideo to composite)
At least this is how it is on my 5800, im actually running the s-video to my projector and composite to a small monitor.
Hope this helps...

Arthur Legardo

Second Unit
Real Name
ArthurL
Mabuhay Eric, what Keith posted is correct, both s-video and composite outputs are "hot" but the receiver won't output an incoming composite signal into s-video or vica-versa.

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
Anak ka ng...! Oh well, I have a HIFI VCR with composites, LD with S-video and I was hoping to output it thru the receiver's S-video out...to have only 1 input used on the TV.
The idea of getting an HTPC which could take all inputs, composites or otherwise and out to RGB is really getting to be a smart move. Well.....maybe later..
Thanks anyways guys.
------------------
Eric Samonte
Dito sa Pilipinas..may Hom Tiyeter rin kami!

Arthur Legardo

Second Unit
Real Name
ArthurL
Eric, I have the same situation - a hifi VCR with composite outs and the rest of my gear has s-video. I went out and bought a composite to s-video converter from a local HT store for less than $20 CDN from Ultra Link. It's nothing special, just a composite input on one end and an s-video output on the other. There are other converters out there costing over $100 from Tributaries, Monster Cable/Entech and several others, but adding one of those for such a rarely used component didn't seem right.

Luke_Y

Second Unit
Eric, Arthur has an idea. I don't think that you would gain or lose anything in picture quality but it would let you run just the one cable to your TV.
For me my rack is close so I don't mind running cables. I hate the fact that my TV has a multitude of inputs on video 1 but if you put an S-vid cable there it locks to that, even if there is no sig from it. I wish it would sense and display whatever sig is input for vid 1(s or compos) so I wouldn't have to switch inputs on the TV and could do all switching with the receiver.
Frustrating hobby. Sounds like Arthur's solution could work for both of us. :)
------------------
Luke

Arthur Legardo

Second Unit
Real Name
ArthurL
Luke_Y, you're in Toronto right? If you are, and you want to purchase this adapter, get it from Great Metropolitan Sound on Eglinton and Mt. Pleasant. I bought it from Regency Audio in Markham for $23, but GMS has the same one for $15!
Of course, if you're not from Toronto...then disgard this message.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
autismcoe
Recent bookmarks