What's new
World Wide Stereo

Denon 3802 & 2200; Digital or Analog connections for DD & DTS (1 Viewer)

JohnMW

Second Unit
Real Name
John
The AVR-3802 has Analog Devices 24 bit, 96 kHz high resolution DACs on all eight channels.

The DVD-2200 has Burr-Brown 24-bit, 192-kHz DSD 1791 Audio DACs

Would I benefit from using the 5.1 analog connections or sticking with the coax for DD & DTS movies?

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

perrin

Stunt Coordinator
Probably better off with a coax connection in order to get the DD and DTS sound. Also, make sure you set the receiver at AUTO so it will switch to DD or to DTS, and go to your DVD player's setup menu to have those formats go to your receiver. You probably need to read your receiver's and DVD players manuals to get this done.

perrin

JohnMW

Second Unit
Real Name
John
I was under the impression that you could pass DD & DTS via the 5.1 analog connections on the DVD player and you would bypass the receiver DACs.

Right now I have everything set up to work thru the coaxial connection and the receiver is passing the signal properly (set to auto).

Chuck Kent

Supporting Actor
I would do DD and DTS thru the receiver. Their both lossy algorithms anyway, so it's hard to imagine the DAC difference would be very audible.

Plus you get DPL II when playing anything less than 5.1. I would not want DD 2.0 menus, extras and such to play as stereo...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexj-12
Recent bookmarks