What's new

Denon 2500 BD Player - Problem with Firmware Update Process (1 Viewer)

David_MSP

Stunt Coordinator
I recently burned the new firmware on a CD-R and when I placed it in the open tray, entered the "9" "8" "7" "6" sequence followed by the "Pop Up Menu/Menu" key, all per the instructions, nothing happens. Please tell me that someone else out there has had this issue.

Incidentally, I'm also not able to go through a similar sequence with pressing number keys to check on the current firmware version. My player has a December 2007 build date and I received the player on January 24 of this year. I suspect the "older" players have some sort of problem getting properly upgraded.

A call to Denon got me nowhere as they did not have it as a reported issue. However, I have read of one other case of someone on the AVS Forum having the same issue but I never was able to find out the solution. Of course Denon recommends I sent the unit back to the factory for the firmware upgrade. I will only do so as a very last resort.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you might be able to provide!

David_MSP

Stunt Coordinator
Thankfully I finally got this to work. The key sequence has to be pressed -very- quickly. Any slight pause between any of the keys causes it to not work.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks