What's new

Deftones New Album "Saturday Night Wrist" (1 Viewer)

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
I saw Deftones a month or so back and they played a few tracks off this new album, and I must say, I like it a lot already. much more than their last studio album which was self-titled. Anyone else listening to this? Thoughts?

Monty B

Agent
On first listen I dig it but I will have to listen to it some more. My first impression is that it isnt as strong as The White Pony or Around the Fur but still better than the last album.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
I've been through it a couple of times now, and without a doubt it is stronger than the last album (which was thoroughly disappointing!). I need to give it a few more spins to properly review it, but it's still nowhere near as good as "White Pony" or "Around the Fur" which are two modern masterpieces in my book.

There's nobody out there that is making anything like "Shut Up and Drive (Far Away)" or "Change (In the House of Flies)". I can't even begin to categorize those songs except for "Genius".

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
I agree with you 100% about that. those are their 2 best albums. and Shut Up and Drive, is definetly one of my top Deftones songs hands down. This album definetly has some catchiness to it, but on some songs the harmony that Chino trys to do, doesnt fit well. I did read that they scrapped all the original vocals and redid them. Probably for the better. I also got a hold of Team Sleep, but havent had the time to listen to it yet, I highly doubt Ill be disappointed by it however.

chr1s

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris
Ive only listened to it once all the way through. It seems to be a bit more mellow.... well compared to their usual selves, lol, but i like it. Certainly better than alot of crap coming out at the moment. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks