What's new

Def Tech BP10 or 2006TL? I already have an SVS! (1 Viewer)

Kelly

Grip
I posed this question to Def Tech. Now tell me what you think. I am thinking of buying Def Tech 2006TL / 2300 / BP2X speaker system. I already have an SVS sub. Should I still buy the "power tower" 2006TL with their built in sub, or buy something else like the BP10? Def Tech's reponse was "the BP10Bs are a bit better than the BP2006TLs. The 6.5" drivers used in the BP10Bs sound a bit richer and fuller than the 4.5" drivers used in the BP2006TLs". What do you think? I have not auditioned the BP10 so I need to obviously do that before deciding. The BP10 is about $100/ea. cheaper (I believe) but the 2006TL would probably be considered a better match across the front with the powered center channel and it's internal sub. Please provide input!

Wayne McRae

Stunt Coordinator
Kelly,I have the BP10's/CLR 2002 and 4 BP2X with a SVS.I think this setup works great for H.T. and music.I have not heard the 2006TL's so I can't comment on their performance.

Karl L

Agent
Hey Kelly, I just picked up a Hsu VTF-3 sub to go with my 2006tls, and CLR2300. They sound great together, and hell, you can never have to much bass! However, if DefTech told you that the BP10B is a better speaker and a good match across the front, I'd probably go that route.

I have a pair of BP10bs and a pair of BP2004s. I took some time, in my home, comparing the two with music, no movies. In my opinion, the BP10bs are better for listening to music. However, if you do more movie watching than listening to music the BP2004s may be the better choice. If you are talking BP2006s, then I would think the decision should lean even heavier toward the 10s.

Good luck,
Scotty

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Kelly,
I have BP2000tl mains and BP30's as my surrounds. If I could do it over again I'd get BP30's all around and use a dedicated sub (my wife hates the look of subs :frowning:).
The BP2006 runs around $1000. I'd recommend you get the BP30 (~$1200) and the SVS sub. The BP30 is easily DefTech's best speaker. It has the exact same driver configuration as the BP3000tl & BP2000tl -just without the subs. The BP10 is a great speaker but the four 6.5" drivers in the BP30 will make the 10 sound anemic.
One problem with the BP30 is that your dealer may have to special order them. They are rather rare. If more dealers stocked the BP30 Definitive would sell fewer of their bread-and-butter powered towers.

Wayne McRae

Stunt Coordinator
BP30 for surrounds
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
and your wife is worried about a sub!!!!

John_VI

Second Unit
My thought EXACTLY, Wayne!! LMAO!!!

I've not listened to the 10's, but my 2006's with my 25-31PCI sounds great!

Holger

Stunt Coordinator
hi kelly,

one of many advantages with powered speakers is, that you don't need necesarelly a dedicated sub. in fact with the bp2006tl you get two 20cm subs. in most rooms two subwoofers can solve a lot of problems when it comes down to room acoustics. the results are most of the time a much smoother and better controlled bass then it is possible with only one sub. and since the bass comes exactly from the same position like the high and midrange drivers, you won't ever have to worry again about phase problems. in my opinion you should go with the 2006tl's alone and sell your sub. of course the 2004tl's (or bigger) would even more provide bass. in my system i use a pair of 2006tl's as rearsurrounds and couldn't be happier. along with my 2000tl's in front the clr3000 center and the bpvx/p's for sidesurround they produce an amazing soundfield and lots of clear and extreme focused bass (it all matters how the speakers are connected IMO). one thing is for sure: i would never ever go back to a system with one ore more subwoofers as stand alone subs, no way.

regards, holger

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChiChi0010
Recent bookmarks