DeepDiscount Savings Club???

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by ManW_TheUncool, Nov 19, 2010.

1. ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool Producer

ManW
    Anyone else noticed this new shopping club thing at DeepDiscount?

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/content.savingsClub

Interesting move by DD -- w/ the way the economy is (not) going, maybe this is going to be the new trend w/ many of the bigger e-tailers around...

Now, if I could just finally get the rest of my DD BOGO sale orders (from Labor Day and early Oct) fulfilled before 2050, that would be nice...

_Man_

2. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

DD (part of Infinity Resources) got bought up by Super D, so expect changes to show up.

3. BobO'Link

BobO'Link Cinematographer

Howie
    I saw it. Now that the details have been posted I'm wondering just who this is aimed at. $19.95 per *month* to be a member?!? You'd have to spend $100 a month using that single 20% off perk just to break even! It just doesn't look to inticing to me...

4. ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool Producer

ManW
    Seems like they might be trying to get into the overall entertainment/shopping club business rather than just media-related shopping club. They're listing stuff like savings at restaurants, theater tix, etc. plus cashback at various other stores(?).

I guess this might end up competing w/ those monthly-fee travel/entertainment clubs that are usually tied to major credit card banks/companies although I'm not sure those clubs have done well at all -- I don't seem to see them mentioned much anymore (at least by my credit card banks/companies).

_Man_

5. Charles Smith

Charles Smith Extremely Talented Member
    Supporter

Charles Smith
    Bleah.

6. ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool Producer

ManW
    Maybe part of the mediocre/poor services problem has been caused by the change-of-ownership that's taken place in the past couple years. But in this case, maybe DD's service will be improved, especially if they plan to do that new club thing properly.

I decided to google for a little more info based on Pat's lead:

http://www.internetretailer.com/2010/11/12/super-d-buys-infinity-resources

Only time will tell of course how this will actually work out...

_Man_

7. Hollywoodaholic

Hollywoodaholic Edge of Glory?

Wayne
    25% off sale starts November 22 at 3 p.m., so I expect they are currently bumping all the prices of the most desirable stuff. And aren't there still people awaiting their orders from the last sale? And we used to salivate over this sale. Now we await Amazon Gold Box.

8. Mark-P

Mark-P Producer

Mark Probst
    It definitely doesn't look good for DeepDiscount. $19.99 per month and you are restricted to only one order per month qualifying for the extra 20% off? You would have to order at least 5 movies per month just to get back your $20 monthly fee in savings. It sounds like they are desperate for an inflow of cash to keep afloat and are hoping that people are going to fall for this scam. Even Costco only charges $50 a year, $240 a year is highway robbery! It's only a good deal for people who buy a shitload of movies every month.

9. Mikehussy

Mikehussy Auditioning

Sounds great, but I am assuming that you have to pay a membership fee, since it mentions nothing about it being free. I hope I am wrong, or maybe the fee is reasonable. Thanks for posting just the same.

Windows Hosting | Linux Hosting