What's new

DEADWOOD The Movie May 31 2019 (1 Viewer)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
As I said in the Deadwood cancelled thread, I just binged the entire series over the last 10 days. I was obsessed.

It was brilliant. One of my favorite TV series I have ever seen.

Although the series ended more or less complete, there were plenty of storylines not finished and I’m delighted that HBO has allowed David Milch to make this film.

Almost the entire cast is back except for those that have passed on like Powers Boothe who was terrific.

I can’t wait to see these fucking cocksuckers again!:D

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
I watched this whole show more than ten years ago, but I haven't seen it since. I'm going to do a rewatch before the new movie. Looking forward to it!

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I feel bad that you guys had to wait 13 years for a resolution. Having just binged the entire Series and have the movie in a month is a great treat.

Kinda like when I showed my wife the original Twin Peaks a week before the new series premiered. 25 years vs two weeks:).

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
There's a really great interview with David Milch talking about his Alzheimer's diagnosis. It's horrible but the man is facing it with bravery.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2019/05/27/david-milchs-third-act

Milch: Sure. When you know that you could have done something with a fuller heart, with a more open spirit, that’s an occasion for regret, and the regrets do tend to pile up. But there’s nothing to be done. That’s the predicate of regret. And so you kind of build around it, and do the best you can to learn some useful way to proceed.

Singer: Do you think about the future?

Milch: In a very constricted way. I have disabused myself of any thought of a normal future, but I allow myself a provisional optimism about the possibilities of what time I will be allowed. And I’m determined to experience what life will allow me. I know I have a short while possible to me, but I don’t want to constrict or profane that with recrimination or a distorting bitterness. And I permit myself a belief that there is possible for me a genuine happiness and fulfillment in my family and the work I do.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Yeah. Lots of great interviews around. Ian McShane and Timothy Olyphant gave recent great ones. Gotta go find em.

Friday night!

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
There's a really great interview with David Milch talking about his Alzheimer's diagnosis. It's horrible but the man is facing it with bravery.
He described his Alzheimer's as "an accumulation of indignities [and] an accretion of irrevocable truths", which is as concise and accurate a description of the disease as I've yet encountered.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I wonder why HBO is premiering Deadwood: The Movie on a Friday night, the second lowest audience viewing night of the week? I see they're repeating it on Sunday at 9, which makes more sense. I will probably watch it on HBO Go on Saturday night because I'm seeing Rocketman Friday night (hey, Friday night people go out). Oh well, I've waited 13 years; I can wait another day. And I've waited about 10 years since I heard the Elton biopic was first announced. A great weekend!

*But I won't check this thread again until I've been to Deadwood again.

Last edited:

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Woah! Hadn't realized a movie was coming... and I even just yesterday suggested to my son to check out the series after watching John Wick 3 w/ him (as we briefly talked about Ian McShane's Winston character)...

Too bad I don't have HBO... but maybe I should subscribe just for this month and also catch the final season of GoT -- assuming I can do that on my own time/pace -- instead of waiting for the discs... :P

_Man_

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Holy crap, just spotted Jeffrey Jones in the crowd during Hearst's arrival-speech. Didn't think that guy'd be allowed within a thousand feet of children ever again.

Also, digging all the ten-years-later upgrades to the town, here.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks