What's new

Could someone explain the video scan chart to me? (1 Viewer)

John Alderson

Supporting Actor
Ok, the latest videoscan numbers are in at dvdfile.com:
http://dvdfile.com/news/sales_statis...can/index.html
I don't know how to copy and paste a table and make it look good, so go to the link to see it :)
Anyway, AOTC is #1, and says it's been on the chart for 3 weeks. This is the chart for week ending 11/23, so I don't understand that (and LOTR:EE, released the same day, says it's been on for the correct 2 weeks). Also, dvdfile didn't post the videoscan numbers for the previous week, which was surprising since that included the LOTR:EE and AOTC release which I'm sure many would have been interested in. Anyway...
For "previous week" AOTC is #1 and LOTR:EE is #2. Ok... now, in "Year to Date" rank, AOTC is #6 while LOTR:EE is #3. Just how is that possible? According to this chart, AOTC has been #1 at least two weeks in a row, with LOTR:EE behind it each time. I'm very confused. Does the YTD rank include the theatrical LOTR set? That would be strange, since everything else on the chart clearly only refers to LOTR:EE.
I just wanted to see if anyone else was as baffled by this as I was :)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
With regards to AOTC being out for 3 weeks, I believe that this means that enough stores broke street date that it sold enough copies to register for the chart even before it was officially released. (Some other titles have had this happened in the past, as well.)

With regards to Lord of the Rings being #3 for the year, I'm almost positive that they're either counting both the 2-disc and 4-disc sales together, or it's just a mistake.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.