Congo (1995) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, May 22, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    XenForo Template

47152_large.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

2. John Sparks

John Sparks Screenwriter

John Sparks
    Super! Got rid of my non-anamorphic SD many years ago and it'll be nice to see it in BD and add it to my collection.

3. Jari K

Jari K Producer

Okay, now this is one of the worst films ever. :0 I actually saw this on the big screen.

Johnny Angell likes this.
  4. Billy Batson

Billy Batson Cinematographer

Alan
    Ha, we're all different. I prefer this to Jurassic Park, which I find gets less impressive as the years go by. I'll be buying this.

5. andySu

andySu Cinematographer

I saw the worst film at last twice or was it three times? On the big screen when it played at local cinema screen 1, (30th June 1995) in Dolby Stereo. I liked the Dolby mix on the film and the Jerry Goldsmith score. When the laserdisc was available around (21st November 1995). Still have the THX AC-3 laserdisc also bought the region 2 DVD enhanced anamorphic 1.78:1 what ever it would have looked nicer if filmed in scope anamorphic as the action scenes where so epic.

6. John Hermes

John Hermes Screenwriter

John Hermes
    I got you beat. I actually had had my own 35mm print!

7. Doug Bull

Doug Bull Advanced Member

Doug Bull
    Sorry John, I got you beat.
    I actually saw it being made on the backlot at Warners during a Studio tour. ;)
    Oh well, I guess you really win, since I only saw a few fragments of plane wreckage, in a smallish make-believe jungle complete with a tiny make-believe pond. :huh: (obviously Paramount rented the fake jungle and pond set)

Definitely a sale, if only for nostalgic reasons. It's now time to upgrade my old Laserdisc.

Doug.

8. Rick Thompson

Rick Thompson Screenwriter

I'm beaten down. Didn't see it being filmed. Don't have 35mm print. Just saw it in theters. Liked it, but thought the ending was a letdown, with too many special effects seams showing.

9. Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell Played With Dinosaurs Member

Johnny Angell
    My recollection of this film was that it was BAAAAD!!! I mean it STANK really bad. But then, I could be wrong. :)

10. Tommy R

Tommy R Second Unit

Tommy
    I know it generally said to be a really bad movie, but I always had a soft spot for it. It's a fun flick and has Bruce Campbell in it for a few minutes. Like most adaptations, people like to say how much better the book is, but IMO the book was hardly anything special, and I'm a big Crichton fan. I'm not gonna rush out and pick up the blu, but I'll keep my eye on it and pick it up eventually.

11. andySu

andySu Cinematographer

Stop Eating My Sesame Cake!

The science of red lasers still being abused by ILM, You can't see it unless the room is filled with smoke or misty foggy weather even with rain at night you can see it between all the random rain drops, you can see the projection of the beam.

Furthermore lasers don't make bloody 100db sound pressure levels. But it still sounds exciting and I have watched the film some + over 30 times.

Put 'Em on the Endangered Species list. "Ugly gorilla"

12. Billy Batson

Billy Batson Cinematographer

Alan
    There's some great likes in this film, mostly spoken by Ernie Hudson as the very urban African guide ("I'm your great white hunter...except that I'm black"), in fact he pretty much steals the movie.It's nice to have a film on Blu-ray that's been around the block on home formats, VHS, Laser Disc & DVD.

13. Jari K

Jari K Producer

"and I have watched the film some + over 30 time"I have to give you a medal! But not sure which one... ;)

cafink and andySu like this.
  14. cineMANIAC

cineMANIAC Cinematographer
    Supporter

Luis
    Herkemer Homolka!

I liked this film for what is is - a fun time waster. Or is it time killer? Sure, it's silly and features cringe-inducing lines but there's a lot of great action sequences. Will buy a copy when it hits the $10 to $15 dollar range.

15. andySu

andySu Cinematographer

Yes I survived the Congo. :rolling-smiley: