What's new

Collective Soul: 7even Year Itch - Bad Pressing? (1 Viewer)

GordonL

Supporting Actor
Track 2 - "She Said" seems to have a lot of pops and ticks. Has there been a reissue for this problem? Or is it supposed to be that way? I don't own "Dosage", where it first appeared, so I was just wondering.

Dan B

Screenwriter
I just checked my copy, and I don't own the original album it was on either, but I didn't notice any problems. Are you referring to the percussion? If so, it's likely that it's just the intended sound.

GordonL

Supporting Actor
Thanks for checking. No, not the percussions. You can hear it on the Amazon sample. Kind of a random crackling sound. I think I might have a bad copy because the TowerRecords sample doesn't have that noise.

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard
I have the CD and listened to it a couple of days ago on the road with no noticeable popping sounds on track 2. It is my only Collective Soul CD ever so I can't comment on a comparison with the original release.

Chris

GordonL

Supporting Actor
You have to listen to it on your home system, with headphones if you have'em. I didn't notice it on my car system either because of road noise and other factors.

Jeff_A

Screenwriter

I listened to it on my home system and it is definitely there. I always remember that song having that sound, however. I'm betting it was simply the artist's intent to give it an LP-sound.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Possibly the Tower Records sample is recorded at a low bit rate such that it doesn't reproduce everything accurately enough to reveal the sound you're hearing.

Brett_B

Supporting Actor
I haven't heard the "7even Year Itch" version, but I do have the "Dosage" album, and the popping is there.

For some reason, I believe the version on the "Scream 2" soundtrack is slightly different (I don't have the soundtrack - just recalling from memory when I saw the film - during the end credits).

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard
I listened to this track again in my car on the way back home and the pops and ticks are noticeable even in the car. I will assume it is deliberate since this group uses distortion and noise with some of their recordings. In the case of this song, I only find the noise annoying but I love the album overall.

Chris

GordonL

Supporting Actor
Thanks. I guess it's intentional then. If it wasn't, I assume they would've cleaned it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks