What's new

Clint Walker Website-"CHEYENNE MARATHON". (1 Viewer)

changa

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
George
Check out the "NEWS-SECTION",for full details.
Every episode shown from New Year's Day via the Starz Encore Western Channel.
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

If only WB,would do the same thing with their dvds.
Time for me to take my holidays in the states during the month of January.

Tom.W

Second Unit
Thanks, George. This is great news! Starz Encore remains the class of broadcast or cable television in terms of doing justice to classic television. And they easily outclass studios like CBS/Paramount considering the Fugitive and My Three Sons debacles. They have a long history of airing good shows in complete form going back to The Avengers and before. Too bad they're not a studio.

FrosteyV

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Richard Villafana

I don't see a "News-section". Could you please give me the link?

Dan McW

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
I think the O.P. meant the news link on Walker's website:

Clint Walker: The Big Guy Himself

Searching for "Cheyenne" on the Encore site brings up the episodes that are showing Jan. 1, but the actual grids for January weren't on the site as of last night.

changa

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
George
If only Australia,had a Western Channel.
I feel your Pain-England!

Dan McW

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan

Frostey has two links to the correct site now, one posted by Richard and one by some other fellow.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
load up those DVRs and stock up on blank DVDs as this might be the only way to get these episodes!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

I'm not recording the MAVERICK episodes,but i'm sure going to grab these - CHEYENNE is a good solid western!

Besides, GOODLIFE/AmericanLife only aired the first 65 or so episodes! Many of these episodes haven't aired in decades!

changa

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
George
The big announcement has now hit the front page of :-
Clint Walker's Website.
It should have been there in the first place.:emoji_thumbsup:

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Yeah I'd have to DVR every show then hook up my Sony Recorder, too much work really I wonder if WB would license these to BCI or someone else, Maverick too, if they don't want to release them.

FrosteyV

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Richard Villafana

I'm just recording the Maverick series on Encore Westerns, as I recorded the entire Rifleman, Bat Masterson, and Cimarron Strip series. I have kinda given up hope that the studios will ever release the fine old westerns. I'm going to gear up for Cheyenne too, and hope that Encore will soon include Wagon Train and Lawman as well.

Dan McW

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan

They will air them eventually, as well as The Virginian and the How the West Was Won TV series, according to their original January press release. The part about the Universal properties reads as if Wagon Train and The Virginian are part of a movie package. Encore has aired the '40s Virginian movie several times, so I think this press release is referring to the TV series:

Starz Bulks Up Movie Line-Up - Jan 23, 2008

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks