What's new

Cleveland-ites -- Valley View Cinemas (DLP)? (1 Viewer)

Troy LaMont

Supporting Actor
I want to experience DLP for myself and I was wondering if anyone has been to this theater?
What was the general impression of the DLP presentation? Any projection, sound issues? What's the overall impression of the theater itself? Stadium seating, DTS, DD?
I may be planning a trip there maybe this weekend and wanted to get the 4-1-1 prior to. Planning on taking in POTA.
Any input would be appreciated.
Troy
------------------
No touchy, No touchy (Kuzco)

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Troy,
This is an excellent theater- I'm not sure the sound formats supported in the DLP equipped screen, but I assume all are available.
I have been there a few times, but they never seem to be showing anything on the DLP screen (or at least it's never listed n the cinemark site as DLP). All the theaters are stadium seating.
-Vince
------------------
http://www.musicianassist.com
AIM: VinceMaskeeper
Interested in moving into FRONT PROJECTION with huge 6-10 foot widescreen? Buy my whole HDTV-ready CRT based front projection system delivered, cheap! Click here

Phil Florian

Screenwriter
Yah, I recommend this theatre highly (and I lived in Cincinnati for 10 years so I know what they have to offer...is better than newer stadium-seated theatres that popped up down there...better sound, at least).
I also like the VV because, unlike most giant multiplexes, you can sometimes see a "arthouse" flick that wouldn't be normally seen at a large venue (though many had it later, it was the first locally to show "Memento" out of the arthouse theatres).
Worth the trip for the right movie.
Ciao,
Phil
Is it still a laugh riot down there?

Troy LaMont

Supporting Actor
Thanks guys for the input!
They're showing POTA there now, I happened to call there also to find out how they identify what's showing in DLP and the girl I spoke with said they usually denote it on their website and POTA was a last minute shoe in for DLP.
I might be making a trip up there as soon as this Friday.
Vince,
What's up with getting rid of the HT equipment?
Phil,
Actually, the new Showcase Cinemas in Springdale isn't that bad at all. It's my favorite and I see all my movies there (it doesn't hurt that I'm like .75 miles from it! :) ).
Those riots are gone, but the after effect will linger for some time to come. They were such a joke.
What's the best way there from Cincy? I was thinking 75N to like 77?
Troy
------------------
No touchy, No touchy (Kuzco)

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
What's up with getting rid of the HT equipment?
This projector rocks, I love the picture and the control of a CRT- but it's just too damn big for my modest HT room.
Maybe someday when I have a bigger house... but alas until then it seems to shame to let this projector go to waste. So I think I'm gonna downgrade to a LCD/DLP projector unit with a smaller footprint (and hopefully a tolerable picture) and let the CRT be the centerpeice in some elses deluxe theater (hopefully they'll let me visit!)
-Vince
------------------
http://www.musicianassist.com
AIM: VinceMaskeeper
Interested in moving into FRONT PROJECTION with huge 6-10 foot widescreen? Buy my whole HDTV-ready CRT based front projection system delivered, cheap! Click here

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks